Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Anyone notice down in the near gallowgate corner he put a tackle in and looked at someone in the crowd. I think even Neville commented on it. It was like saying "I got this."

Not sure who he was looking at mind.

Anyone notice down in the near gallowgate corner he put a tackle in and looked at someone in the crowd. I think even Neville commented on it. It was like saying "I got this."

Stifler

Stifler

Yeah, because he'd hockled on his fanny and was coming to lick it off

Stifler

Yeah, because he'd hockled on his fanny and was coming to lick it off

yikes

We need more leaders in the squad - I hope this is a turning point for him and he steps up.

Hope so. More likely he turned up because of who we were playing.

This is my concern - if we go 1-0 down at Bournemouth then we'll see if he's actually turned a corner.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, Shelvey's exactly that player that does something ridiculously stupid just after having a mature performance and an interview about how he's turned a corner. Here's hoping he's curbed it, because he's a big asset for us.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

How'd he miss ffs :lol: Said in the match thread but was literally harder to miss than score

Because he's not used to scoring, 1 goal in his last 2 seasons in the PL.

How'd he miss ffs :lol: Said in the match thread but was literally harder to miss than score

I'm not used to scoring in the PL and I'd have scored that

Guest neesy111

I'm not used to scoring in the PL and I'd have scored that

Righteo.

Need to see it again because I thought Perez's was just as bad tbh.

they were both as bad as each other, dismissing this cause "he's not used to scoring" is fucking hilarious though

Free shot (yes Ake slid in but didnt get the ball) from what? 6 yards? Premier League footballer..

Guest firetotheworks

Need to see it again because I thought Perez's was just as bad tbh.

they were both as bad as each other, dismissing this cause "he's not used to scoring" is fucking hilarious though

Free shot (yes Ake slid in but didnt get the ball) from what? 6 yards? Premier League footballer..

Tbf, I doubt Neesy's dismissing it, more being critical.

Excellent analysis of Shelvey on motd last night, highlighted perfectly why we need to upgrade asap.

Standing with his hands in his knees in the closing stage rather than making any attempt to pick up runners into the box on both occasions for the goals. That's not good enough and no amount of crisp long passes make up for that. At least he's finding some form in the run though

Excellent analysis of Shelvey on motd last night, highlighted perfectly why we need to upgrade asap.

Standing with his hands in his knees in the closing stage rather than making any attempt to pick up runners into the box on both occasions for the goals. That's not good enough and no amount of crisp long passes make up for that. At least he's finding some form in the run though

:thup:

Said this last game when he had a stormer, let a ball run past him then stopped as they broke and nearly scored.