Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Really good first half. Think when we control the ball he is really good at knowing when to pass short and when to pass long but when we are not seeing as much of the ball he seems to go for the hollywood ball nearly every time

He was our best player today I thought. I mean I know he wasn't very involved in the second half, but in that first he dictated the game tbh. I love to see that sort of display from him, consistency is getting there but he still needs to up the effort on that front just a touch. All in all really pleased though.

He will be a lot more effective when he has someone up front that will accept his passes.

Can't decide if it's the players around him or just him. He showed glimpses when he had quality like Janmaat reading and doing something with hos passes and Wijnaldum popping up in the box. He's got nowt here who can do that.

What I really liked about him today is that he never seemed rushed into a pass, he always seemed to wait until the best pass became available. There was times where the long diagonal tempted him, but he paused, assessed play and usually played the short ball to one of the full backs. A really mature display from him.

Top class performance from him today.

He brought the usual vision and awareness but what impressed me most was his covering of space, interceptions and timing of the tackle. Him and Diame seem to work really well together.