Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Funny how there's people still cracking on about ben arfa who disappeared in many more games than he was any good and never tracked a runner in his life.

:lol: p*ss off, you blatant WUM.

I beginning to think you most of you on here are seriously deluded. The statement is absolutely correct. Harping on about Shelvey not working hard enough, not tracking and creaming your pants over Ben Arfa is such a double standard.

Perez's miss was as bad if not far worse than Shelvey's and yet its getting nowhere near the attention. Probably because people know Perez is s**** but the clique on here don't want to come out and say it in case it upsets somebody.

There's a difference between calling it as it is and being a WUM.

Straw man argument. I never said any of that.

But when you post shit like this:

Total cock up.

Ashley has a right to be p*ssed off at whoever assessed slimani's injury and advised him to make the deal..

Looks like we'll pay to get him fit for his holidays.

And the fact you've been banned before shows you up for a WUM.

Awful news. It's baffling so many people seem unmoved by it. With Lascelles hes comfortably one of our two most important players and his performances in the Diame partnership have gone a long way towards our upturn in form. Maybe he was injured towards the end of the game with Bournemouth but even if it was the case he shouldn't have been on the pitch. Hopefully it isn't too serious.

Hopefully Merino can step up in a similar fashion to the start of the season - assuming his back injury is properly healed.

Guest firetotheworks

Because people think we have better options for some reason, completely forgetting that for all his early promise Merino's form dropped, he's been injured/potentially playing through injury, and that he doesn't always necessary put in the graft at the back either. He's been guilty of not tracking runners in two goals that I can think of. That's not a criticism of him either btw, more making the point that whoever you play there is limited and has strengths and weaknesses. Singling out Shelvey for disdain is particularly odd considering he's been one of our best players over the last month.

Because people think we have better options for some reason, completely forgetting that for all his early promise Merino's form dropped, he's been injured/potentially playing through injury, and that he doesn't always necessary put in the graft at the back either. He's been guilty of not tracking runners in two goals that I can think of. That's not a criticism of him either btw, more making the point that whoever you play there is limited and has strengths and weaknesses. Singling out Shelvey for disdain is particularly odd considering he's been one of our best players over the last month.

This.

Do people genuinely think there is a clique in here? That there's an accepted forum position on everything? :lol:

I think it's altogether more likely that there's well formed opinions on all sides of an argument, but thick cunts can't reason so they take umbrage at their arguments being torn apart. I think that's where 'telling it like it is' comes in.

Aye I have no idea why this patter is rolled out so relentlessly. Especially regarding someone as flawed/brilliant* as Jonjo. I'm not sure I've ever seen any form of forum-wide agreement on any aspect of his game since the day he signed.

* relatively speaking

Awful news. It's baffling so many people seem unmoved by it. With Lascelles hes comfortably one of our two most important players and his performances in the Diame partnership have gone a long way towards our upturn in form. Maybe he was injured towards the end of the game with Bournemouth but even if it was the case he shouldn't have been on the pitch. Hopefully it isn't too serious.

Hopefully Merino can step up in a similar fashion to the start of the season - assuming his back injury is properly healed.

This.

Maybe it's a football fan thing but all I know for sure is that Newcastle fans have a tendency to heap criticism and contempt onto a specific player in quite a self-destructive (in that it goes against the best interests of the club) and also blinding fashion. To say Shelvey has had only one good game against Man Utd is absurd. He had one exceptionally good game against Man Utd and many other good games across the season, regularly contributing to our best play. He's our best player with Lascelles and that is barely even up for debate. The fact some fans remain unmoved in their opinions despite lots of evidence suggesting their disliking of Shelvey in a footballing sense is made up on largely false grounds is mad to me, although hardly unsurprising.

I for one hope he's back as soon as possible as we quite blatantly have a better chance to succeed our goals this season with him in the squad.

He's a very polarising player, that's why there will always be people who's opinions you will shake your head about, wondering how can you not see this, when you read. Some will never forgive him for his incidents of stupidity, some don't like his tracking back and question the effort he puts in. Some appreciate that he offers something different and when he's on his game really makes us a much more potent outfit.

I'm in the latter camp but understand others who have formed other opinions, one thing for sure for me anyway, he's been in great form lately (barring that horrendous miss on Saturday) and we will be poorer without him, Merino or I suspect Hayden will need to step up considerably to replace him against Liverpool.

Do people genuinely think there is a clique in here? That there's an accepted forum position on everything? :lol:

I think it's altogether more likely that there's well formed opinions on all sides of an argument, but thick cunts can't reason so they take umbrage at their arguments being torn apart. I think that's where 'telling it like it is' comes in.

I like that the 'clique' don't want to admit something in case it causes upset. Surely the very opposite of how a clique would operate.

I've already been sent for a stern re-education by Souljaboy so I'll let a fellow panjandrum take up this noble fight against free speech.