Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Guest ManDoon

I mean he shouldn’t really have made any remarks like that and also he shouldn’t be out drinking in pre season tbh

don't hate shelvey like, he's just not good enough for us

stick him in man city's midfield or maybe liverpool with all the pace and movement around him and he'd look like a 100m player, neither of those sides would touch him due to his workrate however, but he'd sit and pick passes all day

I like him. He doesn't have all the tools, and he doesn't make life easy for himself. But I can sympathise with him, like I can sympathise with the ant under the magnifying glass. Everybody knows the ant will explode, and that is the only reason they do it.

He’s inconsistent and disappears in a fair amount of games.

Then the peasant thing killed it for me. He can fuck off

The peasant things that he said in retaliation to being verbally abused in the street? As far as I'm concerned he's well within his rights to say something back to someone abusing him.

I mean his peasant comment was shite. But I've seen worse, every Saturday night for 30 years. Only nobody deems the average moron as newsworthy (unless they're promoting far-right populism, of course).

Nah, he should be well aware of the club and area. No need, but he’ll not be the first multi-millionaire to say that.

Tells you a lot about how modern day players see the fans

I mean he shouldn’t really have made any remarks like that and also he shouldn’t be out drinking in pre season tbh

What if some random appeared out of nowhere and kissed his lass on the cheek? :)

Peace smiley.

They didn’t, someone called him a bald cunt

The peasant things that he said in retaliation to being verbally abused in the street? As far as I'm concerned he's well within his rights to say something back to someone abusing him.

I mean his peasant comment was shite. But I've seen worse, every Saturday night for 30 years. Only nobody deems the average moron as newsworthy (unless they're promoting far-right populism, of course).

Nah, he should be well aware of the club and area. No need, but he’ll not be the first multi-millionaire to say that.

I know. And I've been of the belief, for a long time, that they ask for it, they should know better. I'm just not sure anymore.

What if some random appeared out of nowhere and kissed his lass on the cheek? :)

Peace smiley.

It's an in-joke between me and Mandoon. I only hope he sees the funny side.

Peace smiley.

It's an in-joke between me and Mandoon. I only hope he sees the funny side.

:thup:

Not even the best passer at the club. Top 4 maybe.

Mindblowing opinion. I take it that's Darlow, Colback, Dummett and Clark holding him outside the top 4?

Well yeah obviously.

Nope, the actual quality passers at the club. Schar, Lejeune, Ki.

Mindblowing indeed.

None of them are better passers than Shelvey. They're good, of course.

Well this is hugely subjective, given that there isn't really a decided measure, but personally I think all three are better than him. He hits a decent Hollywood pass, but his short to mid-range passing is average.

Don't really see the point in splitting hairs over Shelvey's passing ability. He can obviously pick a great pass. It's the rest of his game which is a problem. He lacks pace, lacks stamina, and lacks a work ethic. You don't really want passengers in centre midfield.

Don't really see the point in splitting hairs over Shelvey's passing ability. He can obviously pick a great pass. It's the rest of his game which is a problem. He lacks pace, lacks stamina, and lacks a work ethic. You don't really want passengers in centre midfield.

Yep, unless he can get fitter he needs to go to a different league really.

Or in a midfield 3 possibly, in a good team who can afford good DMs to do the running.

To be fair, this was the context:

"Shelvey is a great passer of the ball, possibly the best in the league, however because of his weaknesses he is a luxury player. "

So nobody is actually debating whether or not his passing means he should be included.

You really think he walks around thinking that fans are peasants? :lol:

Do you know where that man's family are from?! He's a council flat kid from a rough area.

The guy was out minding his own business and people started taking the piss out of him (these sorts are the absolute worst and could be called far worse than peasants IMO. Trying to get a rise out of someone successful because they are that envious), so he had a cheeky dig back.

Come off it.

Peasant!

Guest Howaythetoon

Shelvey would stand out in a more technical, slower paced, less frenzied league where his vision and passing would be of a higher demand/regular feature. He’s too immobile, one paced, flat footed and lacking the higher levels of stamina to be consistently effective starting for a struggling Premier League side bang in the centre and lacks the discipline and tactical nous to adapt/interchange from playmaker to pressing sitting player. He’s lovey to watch when bang on form and the game opens up and people stand off him. He’s quite classy in that respect. Maybe a luxury squad player for one of the better teams? He’d give something extra in the final 20 or the odd game day for Arsenal. Basically a poor man’s Ozil who too lacks physicality, discipline etc. Great when he’s on sing, goes missing when not and when the tough gets going, he cowers away.

Peasant!

:lol:

Mindblowing opinion. I take it that's Darlow, Colback, Dummett and Clark holding him outside the top 4?

Well yeah obviously.

Mindblowing indeed.

They're nowhere near Shelvey, especially when you factor in vision and creativity. Ki a better passer than Shelvey, I've heard it all now.

I can fully understand the frustrations with Shelvey's laziness, the fact he's radio rental and how deep he often sits (seems more of a tactical problem, no).  However, because he's said some stupid shite about Rafa and bigged up Bruce.  Suddenly he's not even that good at passing and Schar, Lejeune and Ki are better passers?

Absolute madness.

Well yeah obviously.

Mindblowing indeed.

They're nowhere near Shelvey, especially when you factor in vision and creativity. Ki a better passer than Shelvey, I've heard it all now.

Opinions opinions. Hardly mind blowing though.