Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Please let this guy be dropped next game. Another referee would have sent him for that tackle, which also cost us a goal.

Didn’t t see it but it’s not being mentioned on any news stream. 

I don’t think you can blame him for the goal because of a foul in midfield. Tackle was also never a red but a bit controversial only due to his reputation.

Edited by Pata

Agree. I think the hatred is just embedded now with Jonjo. We are all waiting to jump in on a half arsed tracking back when we lose posession. Tackle was never a red and it wasn't given away in a dangerous position as he has many times in the past. It was mistimed for sure.

Thought he was fine today. Played some excellent passes. Worked hard in general. Hope he is replaced properly in the summer because he is still a liability and not good enough all round. Would drop him for Bruno with Joe's either side.

I want Bruno with Willock and Joelinton to work, but I’m not 100% certain that is does. Based on last night’s six minutes, Bruno looks as though he’s better suited to being the aggressor, hunting the ball down in a similar way to Joelinton. Hopefully in the summer we can get a proper defensive midfielder to sit in and let him do the work box-to-box 

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

I want Bruno with Willock and Joelinton to work, but I’m not 100% certain that is does. Based on last night’s six minutes, Bruno looks as though he’s better suited to being the aggressor, hunting the ball down in a similar way to Joelinton. Hopefully in the summer we can get a proper defensive midfielder to sit in and let him do the work box-to-box 

Bruno can and does play deeper. He was playing higher up as Wilock came off. From the look of Bruno he can do it all. Shelvey on the other hand…

It was a ridiculous challenge, seems to get frustrated at his own lack of athleticism to get close to people and it builds up into these rash moments. Makes him even more useless off the ball when he's then on a yellow too.

Edited by ElDiablo

8 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

It was a ridiculous challenge, seems to get frustrated at his own lack of athleticism to get close to people and it builds up into these rash moments. Makes him even more useless off the ball when he's then on a yellow too.

Yeah it was one of those tackles that you see he was fully committed to making regardless of being anywhere near the ball

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Unfortunately I agree r.e. Howe. Much prefer Willock though due to his energy. 

We also don't know Howe's plans for Bruno he might want to play him further up the pitch. I know it was only a small cameo yesterday but he certainly looked comfortable there.