Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Guest ManDoon

Oh yeah he's dreadful, he has basically no anticpation of the game, times his challenges horrifically, doesn't even really block passing lanes or pressure opponents. I'd love to play against him.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Oh yeah he's dreadful, he has basically no anticpation of the game, times his challenges horrifically, doesn't even really block passing lanes or pressure opponents. I'd love to play against him.

We would look like Pirlo playing against that gormless twat. 

So fucked off with this guy's half-arsedness towards the end of the game yday. In his position he should be setting the tone so much more but instead he's selling out his teammates with garbage passes. Pretty sure one of them ultimately led to the equaliser, when he gave a shit pass to Joe in the middle of the pitch who ultimately lost it or caused a foul or something. Just keep the ball for fuck fucking's sake.

If we don't sign a CM we're fucked. Genuinely believe we coud just about get away without a CB. 

Guest ManDoon
4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

So fucked off with this guy's half-arsedness towards the end of the game yday. In his position he should be setting the tone so much more but instead he's selling out his teammates with garbage passes. Pretty sure one of them ultimately led to the equaliser, when he gave a shit pass to Joe in the middle of the pitch who ultimately lost it or caused a foul or something. Just keep the ball for fuck fucking's sake.

If we don't sign a CM we're fucked. Genuinely believe we coud just about get away without a CB. 

Nah, Trippier played a ball up to wood that was fine, but his touch was very poor on his chest and he lost it. Not on Shelvey that one.  Grainy image I know, but he doesn't control it with his chest at all and loses the ball. I feel like I have a vendetta against Wood lol, but yeah that;s what happened.

Vco8CDi.png

Guest ManDoon
7 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

ManDoon: “Have I mentioned that I don’t rate Chris Wood?”

:lol: 

:lol: nah I’ve noticed myself doing it. It’s some weird ADHD trait where I hyperfixate on one issue. Shelvey is dog water. Wood or no Wood 

Ha. To be fair, I actually remember Wood losing the ball prior to the goal. Surprised more people didn’t pick up on it. Although a lot had to happen between that and the header. So not really too much on him. He certainly didn’t help, mind. 

Guest ManDoon
16 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Ha. To be fair, I actually remember Wood losing the ball prior to the goal. Surprised more people didn’t pick up on it. Although a lot had to happen between that and the header. So not really too much on him. He certainly didn’t help, mind. 

Yeah definitely not on him entirely. I think Dummett was too shattered to stop the cross. Should have been subbed around 70 mins 

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

Nah, Trippier played a ball up to wood that was fine, but his touch was very poor on his chest and he lost it. Not on Shelvey that one.  Grainy image I know, but he doesn't control it with his chest at all and loses the ball. I feel like I have a vendetta against Wood lol, but yeah that;s what happened.

Vco8CDi.png

Fair enough, if that immediately preceded the goal itself then obviously Wood is accountable too. But it'll have been just before that, I'm sure.

Shelvey, in that position, arguably has more responsibility than most when it comes to setting the tone in possession and he just doesn't. Farcical the way he was putting teammates under pressure so late in the game when it's so critical that we don't do owt daft. 

I get that it's a difficult role but his positive influence:negative influence ratio is all to cock. Aye he might play a decent pass here and there but his other limitations ultimately set us back. 

Guest ManDoon
1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Fair enough, if that immediately preceded the goal itself then obviously Wood is accountable too. But it'll have been just before that, I'm sure.

Shelvey, in that position, arguably has more responsibility than most when it comes to setting the tone in possession and he just doesn't. Farcical the way he was putting teammates under pressure so late in the game when it's so critical that we don't do owt daft. 

I get that it's a difficult role but his positive influence:negative influence ratio is all to cock. Aye he might play a decent pass here and there but his other limitations ultimately set us back. 

Oh yeah it wasn’t a defense of a Shelvey just he wasn’t at fault for that particular goal. Ball from trippier was fine, miscontrolled is error 1, Dummett too tired to stop the cross, then Lascelles beaten easily 

We're arguing over minor details but I do think he was at fault, even if it wasn't his mistake which immediately preceded the goal. He's in an influential position and someone better would've helped see the game out, rather than having him set the tone by consistently making errors. 

I remember the Swansea poster @Groo calling him out as lazy when we bought him. He wasn't good enough for them and that was more than 5 years ago. I think that says it all about this squad, and more particularly about Shelvey. 

not his greatest fan

but he stopped a certain goal first half but had to take a yellow for it. 

should have been taken off there and then cos he played like he was scared of getting a second yellow.

8 minutes ago, huss9 said:

not his greatest fan

should have been taken off there and then cos he played like he was scared of getting a second yellow.

He gets yellows because he's too slow to catch opponents fairly. I don't actually have any problem with his coverage of ground, he does get up and down the pitch, just very slowly so he's usually just behind the action. If you could design a skill set opposite of N'golo Kante, Shelvey would be it. 

Edited by TRon

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

In fairness to Shelvey he's one of the few players who doesn't completely shit himself on the ball. He is a lazy cunt mind and needs replacing asap.

Yeah he either decides to give the opponent a easy steal pass or go a simple pass to him being stationary again. what a player

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

not his greatest fan

He should've been first to the ball, rather than flattening the Watford man. I'm fucking sick to death of watching him so he doesn't get a free pass, ever. 

As predicted he has played out of his skin for the new manager. Makes him look average again. We are probably starting to see the usual gradual decline into laziness. 

Desperately need to sign a DM so we can drop shelvey and play willock or almiron through the middle as AM, where they are most effective.

Just watched a replay of the Watford goal again, he trotted back and then stopped right in front of the danger area. He's 6ft for fuck's sake, just get in there and help your defence you fucking fraud. 

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The game management from Dubravka is also pathetic btw. He quickly rolls the ball put after collecting it when he should've dove on top of it, waste time and let everyone get back in shape. Atrocious stuff.

Nah man, that's just following instruction, he can't be held responsible for other people losing the ball.