Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

He was happy to sign a new contract playing for Steve Bruce, I think that says everything. Not that I blame him, I'd do the same, but that doesn't mean I should be playing for Newcastle.

8 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Just a player for whom Howe arrived to late to save. Clearly talented and could be a difference maker as we saw under Rafa.

But he was just too willing to coast along when the coaching was bad and rarely took the initiative to improve his own situation. 

He was quite a key player in that run in the second half of last season

He just got unlucky to have got injured this season and was surplus to requirements

Think Howe would have kept him if he could but the Forest deal was too good to turn down

18 hours ago, huss9 said:

yeah, he's back "home".

Clearly got some bad taste.....Fratellis is the worst place I've been for at least 4 years. Walked out after taking more than an hour to do even a drink order despite it being quiet 

3 hours ago, TRon said:

He was happy to sign a new contract playing for Steve Bruce, I think that says everything. Not that I blame him, I'd do the same, but that doesn't mean I should be playing for Newcastle.

eh?

2 hours ago, huss9 said:

eh?

He was happy to be playing for a side fighting relegation season after season. He knew his limits basically. This was a good club for him but we moved on and such players will get left behind.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

He was happy to be playing for a side fighting relegation season after season. He knew his limits basically. This was a good club for him but we moved on and such players will get left behind.

Joelinton, ASM and Wilson were all happy to sign contracts under Bruce too

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Joelinton, ASM and Wilson were all happy to sign contracts under Bruce too

Yep. I knew that was coming, and the same would apply to them. They had a higher ceiling and will be harder to upgrade. All of them were not exactly attracting attention from the big clubs at the time for different reasons.

dont get the hate for jonjo.

may not have been the greatest or the most consistent but the other players all seemed to love him.

didnt mind him at all but it was time to move on.

some of the abuse has been quite personal.

Just now, TRon said:

Yep. I knew that was coming, and the same would apply to them. They had a higher ceiling and will be harder to upgrade. All of them were not exactly attracting attention from the big clubs at the time for different reasons.

Club will need to sell players and replace with better if they wish to improve. Not really groundbreaking info! 

Whilst we didn't replace him, it was a minor miracle that another team not only wanted to take on his wages, but give him a pay rise :lol:

All of that, and I don't even think he's started more than 3/4 games for them has he?

10 minutes ago, huss9 said:

may not have been the greatest or the most consistent but the other players all seemed to love him.

Been an idiot on the pitch for us a few times but clearly “gets” the club. Don’t understand the hate either tbh as much as I’m glad he isn’t our player anymore. Wish him well.

12 minutes ago, huss9 said:

It's never been hate IMO, why would you hate him? I used to be just as vocal on here about Colback and Nicky Butt back in the day because I like my CM's to be able to pass and move. They could all do the pass bit, it was the other part which was problematic.

Other than that I'm sure Jonjo's a canny lad.

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

he's been called a cunt and a weirdo on here amongst other things.

Aye by one poster. In one post. I have no idea what that was about tbh, was afraid to ask.

aye , and people saying they actually "hate" him.

i just dont like the personal abuse players get on here, where its joelinton, miggy, murphy etc.

it just doesnt sit right.

just something i really cant stand. i know they get paid well and are living their dreams, but still...

criticise them by all means.

Edited by huss9

2 hours ago, Weezertron said:

I hope his availability doesn't drag on in the summer, just for us to sign him back on the last day because we couldn't secure our CM targets.

Mike Ashley can't hurt you any more. 

33 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Whilst we didn't replace him, it was a minor miracle that another team not only wanted to take on his wages, but give him a pay rise :lol:

All of that, and I don't even think he's started more than 3/4 games for them has he?

Honestly I'm so pleased that Forest stayed up, someone there must have been on the take giving us so much money for worthless players. £15m for Chris Wood ffs :lol: