Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

It's mad too because Forest have nothing to offer in central midfield. 

Their forward players should be the perfect compliment to his few skills, and yet, he can't be humble enough. 

• 3 weeks later...

He’s back living up here and apparently training at Newcastle to keep fit.

Don’t know the full story (said he wasn’t fit to play against Liverpool) but that sounds like a, go and find a new club fall out.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Don’t know the full story (said he wasn’t fit to play against Liverpool) but that sounds like a, go and find a new club fall out.

That's a shame, we needed to get rid as he just doesn't work in a top half side, but would like to have seen it work out at Forest for him. He did always seem the sulky sort though. Should have put his head down and tried to win his place back after that howler cost him it.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Ouch. Silly boy. Well, at least he's getting paid and it's not by us...

5 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Maybe its the 'battered wife thanks to Ashley syndrome ' but we definately sold him yeah?

Hes not gonna rock up for pre-season training or anything?

Signed a 2,5 year deal with them. He's gone.

He was a nightmare here and he generally liked the club, the area and his team mates. God help a club he doesn't fit in or want go be at.

Someone else's problem now, he just needs managing better.

4 hours ago, huss9 said:

he's keen on not moving his family.

should get his agent onto boro.

They’ve already got Dan Barlaser for that role on way less money and more reliable.

4 hours ago, TRon said:

That's a shame, we needed to get rid as he just doesn't work in a top half side, but would like to have seen it work out at Forest for him. He did always seem the sulky sort though. Should have put his head down and tried to win his place back after that howler cost him it.

He did though. It must be some kind of PTSD for those that stuck through the Bruce years, that's blanking out the 6 month period we all watched him perform absolutely fine as we were putting in top 3 form.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

He worked his socks off pre season, was bought into Eddie, got injured and left when Forest offered stupid money.

He came back up the night he signed to watch us play, bringing up wood as well and got dragged into the dressing room photo.

He had his moments for sure, but, the stars and players of this NUFC clearly like him. 

I can’t help but feel he’s a complex bloke and needs well managed. He’s a Mag, good luck to him, hope here’s there on Monday.

16 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He did though. It must be some kind of PTSD for those that stuck through the Bruce years, that's blanking out the 6 month period we all watched him perform absolutely fine as we were putting in top 3 form.

I wouldn't be surprised if Howe makes Anderson look like a world beater in midfield on Monday. I get what you're saying, he did a decent job in midfield last season, but I still don't think he fits a top half PL side, I just don't think he's mobile enough.

Or put it another way, I don't think he's getting bought by a top half PL side any time soon.

His work off the ball is absolutely diabolical. On top of this he has to receive the ball facing the opposition goal, because he’s like a ship in a canal, can’t fucking turn.

He was great for us in the Championship, but you can say that about loads of our squad players now who need to be shifted. He had some good games for us in the Premier League, but overall he just wasn’t good enough and to be honest I was disappointed that him and Ritchie got those contract extensions. That was Ashley for you though, sign a player, and if he’s not good to get a move elsewhere for a profit, keep them until they retire.

Don’t get me wrong; he didn’t have a future here once injured as his extension clause wasn’t going to be activated and, we’d outgrown him. He knew that and made a family security decision to leave when he could have stayed and picked up a Caraboa Cup medal.

When he’s not motivated he’s a waste of a shirt anywhere, any league. He seems to genuinely like it up here and the club. Someone mentioned ‘boro, sounds a good shout but Forest would have take a nominal fee and pay the bulk of his salary. Would serve the daft fuckers right, you can’t sign someone on those wages and fall out like this after 10 games or so.