Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

He was great when I finally managed to win the league with Newcastle on  football manager a few years ago. Shelvey, Busquets and Vuckic, bossing the league... and people computer games are a waste of time.

(Based on the 6 or so games I've actually watched him in over the past few years, it seems like he might be the kind of midfielder we need (one who wants the ball & wants to do things (not Colback)), but it sounds like he's been crap for a bit. What do I know?)

So Sissoko out and this guy on the right? PROFIT!!!

:lol: Aye, more than likely. Moussa's agent will be like a fly round s*** atm scraping around the barrel for moves before the Euros

:hmm: Would be surprised if we sign Shelvey and one of our current midfielders doesn't leave and Moussa is probably the most "marketable" tbh. Given our recent hit rate getting a striker in who knows where the net is has to be a priority surely....

Shelvey man :lol: f*** off, no thanks. Literally only getting him cause the c***'s English

How can anyone say this when our first choice midfield is Colback and Anita  :lol:

Colback and Shelvey isnt any more inspiring.  Swansea fans cant wait to get rid for a reason. Us out of anyone should know that what a clubs fans think of their players are more accurate than outside perception (Colback for one)

Yes...yes it is. It's still pretty shit, but it's better.

More fool you for being happy/settling for "still shit but slightly better" then. Be like Norwich fans buzzing for signing Tiote

I cannot understand why Swansea would want to sell someone to their relegation rivals unless they believed he was shite, to be honest.

yyes

Progress is progress... :thup:

Getting Shelvey will change virtually nowt though. Just a bit more physical than the current two. Probably more like Anita but with more physicality. Colback would have to be dropped for me but you just know it would be Anita.

Hope its around the £5-6m mark and not £10m....i know people don't care 'coz we wont spend it' etc...but i just don't fancy arming a potential relegation rival with a free £10m, especially since they've got a decent record in recruitment.

Classic "Need a striker? I know - lets sign a midfielder!"

We quite clearly and evidently need both desperately. Nobody who has watched us this season could think the current midfield two are anything other than a relegation midfield.

I can think of at least 4 positions i'd strengthen before buying another striker tbh, i know its tempting to think we are not scoring at all so lets buy another striker and ignore everything else. But there is a structural issue with the team, there is no creativity, no energy, no defensive nous, no width, no pace and no aerial prowess.

If you fixed even half of those problems then i bet the goals would come with the current crop, unfortunately none of this is going to happen.

Classic "Need a striker? I know - lets sign a midfielder!"

We quite clearly and evidently need both desperately. Nobody who has watched us this season could think the current midfield two are anything other than a relegation midfield.

Aye exactly, it was a really weird post