Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I can think of at least 4 positions i'd strengthen before buying another striker tbh, i know its tempting to think we are not scoring at all so lets buy another striker and ignore everything else. But there is a structural issue with the team, there is no creativity, no energy, no defensive nous, no width, no pace and no aerial prowess.

If you fixed even half of those problems then i bet the goals would come with the current crop, unfortunately none of this is going to happen.

Spot on. So much shit going on behind the strikers its impossible for them to flourish. We become harder to beat those chances become less important and confidence will start to grow. There's enough talent in Mitrovic and Perez for us to tap in to, there's fuck all in the centre, nowt at LB that is fit enough to make it on to the pitch and only one worthwhile option at CB.

Handful of comments from a Swansea forum

Spineless, gutless, and an embarrassment to the shirt with his lack of effort. Just hope we can get a decent wedge for him due to his England credentials, as on current form we'd have to pay another team to take him off our hands.

his glaringly lazy attitude is hardly going to endear him to potential suitors

IMO, Shelvey has peaked. He has been playing first team football since he was 16 for good clubs with good coaches. He hasn't dogged around the lower leagues. He has a lot of experience in terms of years and games played at the top level. There should be a degree of maturity, presence, composure, "savoir faire" about his game that just isn't there .... I'm not talking about the consistency or inconsistency with which he actually kicks the ball, but everything else

for me he was a disgrace.

He is overweight, unfit, and doesn't give a toss.

That maybe the last time we see him in a Swans shirt. Played well below his standards and made a fool of himself after the game.

Anyboby that thinks we'll get anything upwards of 6 million are barking imo.

This was posted too :lol:

Also i wouldn't worry too much about what Swansea fans say, they've been blessed since coming in to the prem with some very talented central mids, especially at passing and creating. In that time we've had Cabaye. His head is gone but a fresh start can make all this difference, just look at HBA when he's reborn.

I can think of at least 4 positions i'd strengthen before buying another striker tbh, i know its tempting to think we are not scoring at all so lets buy another striker and ignore everything else. But there is a structural issue with the team, there is no creativity, no energy, no defensive nous, no width, no pace and no aerial prowess.

If you fixed even half of those problems then i bet the goals would come with the current crop, unfortunately none of this is going to happen.

Don't disagree with your structural point. But imo if we had a proper goal scorer up front such as Ba (as he was) or Remy the whole thing racks up a notch. So chances become goals and half chances become chances - if you see what I mean  :lol:

Spot on. So much s*** going on behind the strikers its impossible for them to flourish. We become harder to beat those chances become less important and confidence will start to grow. There's enough talent in Mitrovic and Perez for us to tap in to, there's f*** all in the centre, nowt at LB that is fit enough to make it on to the pitch and only one worthwhile option at CB.

Aye, I agree with most of this.

For me left and right midfield is key. Provided more cover for the full backs thus making us harder to break down and beat and it also makes more competition across the whole midfield rather than having 2 misplaced CM's on the wings and 2 CM's with the technical and / or physical inability at CM.

We don't make that many chances so when we miss them as we have been we know we're fucked. Stop leaking so many shit goals and all of sudden more chances will be created and confidence will grow.

Handful of comments from a Swansea forum

Spineless, gutless, and an embarrassment to the shirt with his lack of effort. Just hope we can get a decent wedge for him due to his England credentials, as on current form we'd have to pay another team to take him off our hands.

his glaringly lazy attitude is hardly going to endear him to potential suitors

IMO, Shelvey has peaked. He has been playing first team football since he was 16 for good clubs with good coaches. He hasn't dogged around the lower leagues. He has a lot of experience in terms of years and games played at the top level. There should be a degree of maturity, presence, composure, "savoir faire" about his game that just isn't there .... I'm not talking about the consistency or inconsistency with which he actually kicks the ball, but everything else

for me he was a disgrace.

He is overweight, unfit, and doesn't give a toss.

That maybe the last time we see him in a Swans shirt. Played well below his standards and made a fool of himself after the game.

Anyboby that thinks we'll get anything upwards of 6 million are barking imo.

This was posted too :lol:

Reads like most of our player threads :lol:

Tbh, I've always liked the look of him when I've seen him play but these comments are slightly alarming.

If we can just get centre mids that are mobile and can contribute something at both ends of the pitch, just a bit, that would be a massive improvement. Shelvey is a flawed player, but, when I saw him in form, he didn't shirk challenges, could dribble past a player and was always looking to get things moving forward quickly. Lightyears ahead of Anita and Colback.

Don't disagree with your structural point. But imo if we had a proper goal scorer up front such as Ba (as he was) or Remy the whole thing racks up a notch. So chances become goals and half chances become chances - if you see what I mean  :lol:

Cisse's goals arguably kept us up last season. Similar to what you're saying I guess.

Nah. Much weaker in midfield

Recent scorelines and the amount of missed chances recently would tell me a striker is a priority but there you go.

End of the day there is something to work with up front. When your first choice in positions are Colo & Dummet plus one of Anita & Colback....then your priorities for strengthening lie elsewhere.

Nervous about this. Not the right character for our team

Barton wasn't, but he could get his team mates tails up.  That's what we're missing. Somebody that can pump up those around him.

He'll either do that or have a scrap with Mitro.