Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Player we've just signed, with 3 other team changes, tactics we've used once and only prepared for since yesterday. Useless twatt.  Duck me this place is reactionary and keyboard warrior central post match.

Player we've just signed, with 3 other team changes, tactics we've used once and only prepared for since yesterday. Useless twatt.  Duck me this place is reactionary and keyboard warrior central post match.

All that people have said is that he was poor today, which he was

As long as he's passing the ball forwards then he's doing the right things. Needs a 'buzzy' type player alongside him though.

Nah, your central midfielder has to be one of the most active players on the pitch, you can't leave the work to someone else. Didn't see the game today though, so no idea if he was as bad as is being made out.

All that people have said is that he was poor today, which he was

and he has more reason than the rest.  Check the previous page, bald colback etc

Thought a few of his balls out from the back were really sloppy and aimless like, which was weird, but one of those things where a pacey striker playing on the last defender opens up options when you're on the backfoot a bit. Ighalo was threatening to destroy us time and time again because every time we lost the ball in the Watford half they knew they could just punt the cunt and he'd force the issue.

As long as he's passing the ball forwards then he's doing the right things. Needs a 'buzzy' type player alongside him though.

Nah, your central midfielder has to be one of the most active players on the pitch, you can't leave the work to someone else. Didn't see the game today though, so no idea if he was as bad as is being made out.

He's not inactive or lazy, he's just not very agile.It's hard for him to be a high tenacity, buzzy type player, if that makes sense.

Guest firetotheworks

It begins

What? People commenting on his performance? That begun last week.

Unless you only want to see positive reviews?

Nah. Nothing more than having a feeling that this would happen fairly quickly.

What made you feel that?

I still think he'll be pivotal but had also expected his initial impetus to last a good 4-6 weeks before he faded to our normal standards ([emoji38]).

Because he has a reputation for being/looking lazy, being inconsistent and he's an attacking player that plays for Newcastle. Everything adds up.

Duck me this place is reactionary and keyboard warrior central post match.

Indeed. Cringeworthy.

I was on the phone , predictive text, it should have said  "f***" instead of duck. My apologies.

I got that :thup:

A lot of people are hell bent on taking tongue in cheek, purposely exaggerated posts like "baldback" and using them to sit on their fictional high horse and pretend the posters actually meant that. If that's what you really think, your sense of humour is about as effective as McClaren's ability to manage.

A lot of people are hell bent on taking tongue in cheek, purposely exaggerated posts like "baldback" and using them to sit on their fictional high horse and pretend the posters actually meant that. If that's what you really think, your sense of humour is about as effective as McClaren's ability to manage.

or maybe people post stuff like that to appear in a certain way.

:lol: You guys are clutching at straws, man.

He was terrible today and rightfully called out for it. Some chose to do so in a humourous way. You can choose to hold me to my comments as some sort of sign that signals the end of western civilization or you can actually develop a sense of humour, one as terrible as mine.

You've been on here since time began Madras, yee kna what to expect.

Guest Howaythetoon

He is a good player and well suited to us, but you just know he wasn't signed to improve the team, but because he was available, young, English and has potential resale value. That's the problem with our recruitment policy, everyone bought is signed with how they fit into the side as an after thought. FWIW he did OK today, found his man more often than not and looked to play the ball forwards.

He suffered today (like the team as a whole) from not having many options out wide.  Sissoko was playing inside so Janmaat wasnt getting up as much and on the other side Aarons was struggling to get up and down unsurprisingly.  The lack of width and proper full backs overlapping really disrupted our play imo and made it easy for Watford to shut us down.

Aye, "Baldback" is hilarious. Classic stuff. Especially since Shelvey is pretty much the opposite of Colback as a player.

Calm down, flower.  It's not exactly serious.

One poor game, and he's likened to Jack Colback. It's just stupid, serious or not.