Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/georginio-wijnaldum-jonjo-shelvey-brings-10747690

Georginio Wijnaldum believes Jonjo Shelvey “brings football” to the Newcastle United side because he sees everything out on the pitch.

The £12million January signing from Swansea City enjoyed an inspired Magpies debut at St James’ Park on Saturday, controlling the game and playing a key role in both Newcastle goals in a much-needed 2-1 victory over West Ham United.

For Newcastle’s opener, Shelvey fed the ball into Wijnaldum on the edge of the box, and the Dutchman laid it off for Ayoze Perez to curl into the bottom corner from 18 yards.

But his contribution for the second was even more impressive.

Picking the ball up in his own half, Shelvey saw Daryl Janmaat making a run down the right-hand side and pinged an inch-perfect 60-yard cross-field ball to the full-back. Janmaat controlled it brilliantly, centred to Wijnaldum, who finished off a wonderful team goal.

And Wijnaldum – who grabbed his ninth of the season on Saturday – believes Shelvey has already made a big difference to the Magpies side due to his vision and range of passing.

“He brings football,” Wijnaldum replied when asked what he thought Shelvey added to the side.

“What you can see in the first goal, the other players were really close but he still found me between the lines.

“I just popped off the ball for Ayoze to shoot.

“The second goal his pass to Daryl was magnificent. That is something that we need.

“We can use a player like him.

“We already know he is a good player because I played against him.

“We are all happy he is here because he can bring more football to the team.”

Not only does Wijnaldum believe Shelvey has added a new dimension to Newcastle’s play, the £14.5million summer signing also admits he finds it more enjoyable with the England international in the side.

Shelvey’s arrival has also given the whole side a confidence boost too, insists the Dutch international.

“Yeah it’s really enjoyable (playing with Shelvey)” the 25-year-old said.

“You know he sees everything. You don’t even have to look behind you and he will find you. He gives confidence to the players and to me.

“The first goal we made I stood there and expected him to find me and he did. I trusted him. I am happy with him.”

Maybe we've signed Charles Xavier by mistake.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/georginio-wijnaldum-jonjo-shelvey-brings-10747690

Georginio Wijnaldum believes Jonjo Shelvey “brings football” to the Newcastle United side because he sees everything out on the pitch.

The £12million January signing from Swansea City enjoyed an inspired Magpies debut at St James’ Park on Saturday, controlling the game and playing a key role in both Newcastle goals in a much-needed 2-1 victory over West Ham United.

For Newcastle’s opener, Shelvey fed the ball into Wijnaldum on the edge of the box, and the Dutchman laid it off for Ayoze Perez to curl into the bottom corner from 18 yards.

Picking the ball up in his own half, Shelvey saw Daryl Janmaat making a run down the right-hand side and pinged an inch-perfect 60-yard cross-field ball to the full-back. Janmaat controlled it brilliantly, centred to Wijnaldum, who finished off a wonderful team goal.

And Wijnaldum – who grabbed his ninth of the season on Saturday – believes Shelvey has already made a big difference to the Magpies side due to his vision and range of passing.

“He brings football,” Wijnaldum replied when asked what he thought Shelvey added to the side.

“What you can see in the first goal, the other players were really close but he still found me between the lines.

“The second goal his pass to Daryl was magnificent. That is something that we need.

Not only does Wijnaldum believe Shelvey has added a new dimension to Newcastle’s play, the £14.5million summer signing also admits he finds it more enjoyable with the England international in the side.

Shelvey’s arrival has also given the whole side a confidence boost too, insists the Dutch international.

“You know he sees everything. You don’t even have to look behind you and he will find you. He gives confidence to the players and to me.

“The first goal we made I stood there and expected him to find me and he did. I trusted him. I am happy with him.”

I fucking love Wijnaldum, such a great player and seems to be a decent lad as well. Some nice words being said about Shelvey there like, and from yesterdays showing, he's spot on.

Maybe we've signed Charles Xavier by mistake.

Suits me :lol:

The other thing that was noticeable in that first goal is as soon as Shelvey gets the ball, Sissoko makes a run in behind straight away. They obviously trust him to find them.

Edit: the pass had a bit of disguise on it too, I thought. He sort of gave the eyes before popping it off.

Class through ball for Mitrovic in the second half as well. Would have liked to see Anita or Colback even attempting that one, they would have turned and played it back to Coloccini or some shite instead.

:wav: omfg how fantastic was that move for the second goal! Think I need to go and watch it again. If we get one in three games like that, man, Ashley/Wonga/TransPennine traffic or not, I fear I may have to frequent SJH and the lesser venues our chaps bless with their presence.

Sort of makes sense that a central midfield that looks to contribute to attacks is better than one that does fuck all.  Can't believe the shit we have had since Cabaye left.  Can't wait for the time when Mclaren realises Colback is shite.

Be nice to have another option in midfield other than Shelvey. Sell Colback and have more of a dribbler in there instead of a dribbley.

Sort of makes sense that a central midfield that looks to contribute to attacks is better than one that does fuck all.  Can't believe the shit we have had since Cabaye left.  Can't wait for the time when Mclaren realises Colback is shite.

Be nice to have another option in midfield other than Shelvey. Sell Colback and have more of a dribbler in there instead of a dribbler.

http://angryjogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/were-worse-than-dogs.jpg

this retrospective ban speculation is surely paper bollocks right?  his arm never touched him :lol:

close shave might wake him up a bit like so we don't have to lose him for 3 games at a crucial stage like we did mitro

I'm completely baffled why it's been given more than a passing mention. Fair enough the Swansea fans are desperate for him to fail, he must have been a total cunt there because their disdain for him is us to Pardew levels. Not sure though how anyone else saw it as anything other than a slightly OTT shoulder barge as Valencia was running into him, and then Valencia rolling about the the floor clutching his face like a tart - he completely bought it. In fact I'm baffled why the conversation isn't for Valencia to be banned forever instead.

It was clear as day what happened unless they've watched it on a 4-bit stream.

I hate how the media try and act like judge, jury and executioner.  Was it Ray Stubbs who was actively trying to get the FA to look at one of our players and ban him?  I think it was Cabaye in the FA Cup.  It was probably granted if it was the one I'm thinking of.  But it was still pretty annoying the way they went on.  This was absolutely fuck all.  Calling it an elbow FFS.  It's unnecessary and he needs to be a bit wiser.  But you see worse go unpunished in most games and I'm sure there is a lot that goes on that the cameras and commentators don't even pick up on.

We finally have a midfielder that can pass the ball forward  :smitten:

From GC:

"However there was also a real dark side to Shelvey's performance when he appeared to take West Ham's Enner Valencia out of the game, which suggests to me that Shelvey is prepared to do whatever it takes in order to win a football match.

The only problem with tactics like that is they can win or lose you matches."

:lol: :lol: Am I watching a different incident here or something?