Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not really rating him. About the same stats as Obertan. Hopefully he can flourish here.

Rather we got Aarons fighting fit, and gave him a good chance in the starting 11.

Surely he can't be as shit-scared of playing football as Gabriel Obertan is.

Hopefully not :D

There is no way he is as bad as Obertan. Whenever he has had a run off games in any side he has played in he has been pretty good. Plus he was a regular in the England squad before this season so he knows if he performs here he has a chance of making the euro's.  Similar feel to the Shelvey deal really.

I wouldn't pay 12 million but I'm certainly not going to complain now that Ashley has finally started spending. Plus more pressure on McClaren to perform now that he has had a say in transfers.

If used well, I could see him being an effective counter-attacking presence opposite to Sissoko. He's quick, can dribble without the need for either close-control or being highly technical, he's direct and has a powerful left foot. However, he's generally a RW cutting in type of player so not sure his LW performances would constitute dropping Ayoze or relegating Thauvin further down the pecking order. Also, he's generally patchy form-wise and his directness will no doubt lead to lots of dispossessions; which Sissoko (any winger trying to create in the final third really) is wrongfully pillared for.

I imagine fans would turn on him relatively quickly if he doesn't produce Aarons debut-esque level performances every week.

There must be something wrong for him if ALL Spurs fans thinking he is shit and wanna get rid of him asap.  I repeat, ALL. 

The comparable player, just to make you get the feeling, is our Obertan.  Even Colback and Gouffran got some defenders here but Obertan got none.  And if you think this gamble is fine, you must be mad. 

12m FFS. I would rather sign some upcoming youngsters in Championship than this. 

Aarons must be gutted. I don't know how he matches up in training (when fit), or even if he trains with them, but to put in a very credible pre-season, then see them chuck big bucks at Thauvin, then see them actively considering Townsend... can't be good.

Aarons must be gutted. I don't know how he matches up in training (when fit), or even if he trains with them, but to put in a very credible pre-season, then see them chuck big bucks at Thauvin, then see them actively considering Townsend... can't be good.

:sadnod:

Despite my cynicism about the regime from top to bottom, Aarons was one of the few promising and exciting prospects for NUFC - someone who could genuinely make it big - but unfortunately injuries and being frozen out of the first team picture in these formative footballing years will probably stop him from reaching his maximum potential. For his sake, I hope he gets loaned out or moved on.

:sadnod:

Despite my cynicism about the regime from top to bottom, Aarons was one of the few promising and exciting prospects for NUFC - someone who could genuinely make it big - but unfortunately injuries and being frozen out of the first team picture in these formative footballing years will probably stop him from reaching his maximum potential. For his sake, I hope he gets loaned out or moved on.

he's never fit, tbf, if he'd strung a run of games together i'd agree, but he never has and theres nowt to suggest he ever will. we cant wait on him, sadly (not saying townsend the answer but point on aarons stands)

Is there not also a question mark over Aaarons attitude?, as well as his fitness?

May have misread this but I thought he had been giving it the Billy Big Bollocks stuff at one point?? Lad has potential but he needs to be fit to play and quite simply he hasn't been.