Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reckon a key attribute, aside from giving us options going forward, will be indirectly freeing up space for Janmaat and Sissoko on the right hand sides as we'll actually have a modicum of threat on both sides for a change so they can't overload their left defensive areas.

Even though he's a head down type player it'll also give us another option outside of Sissoko who can actually move the team forward quickly with the ball which might well be invaluable if we're going to sitting deep/ playing on the break and all that. I can see why he's been bought even if I think he's fairly average.

Spot on. It also means our bench will at least have one fairly creditable option to bring on if things aren't working. Competition for places and more balance in the team can only be a good thing really.

So possible

SpongeBlob

Jan      Taylor      Colo      Mbemba

Sissoko          Shelvey

Townsend          Winny            Perez

Mitro\Remy?

Killjoy I know but that central midfield is lacking when it comes to producing the defence.

Think we'd get away with it tbh. McClaren has been trying to protect the defence from day one and look where that's got us. Sissoko isn't the best tackler but he could be effective there.  Winny can just slot back in between Sissoko and Shelvey when we loose the ball.

So possible

SpongeBlob

Sissoko          Shelvey

Mitro\Remy?

Killjoy I know but that central midfield is lacking when it comes to producing the defence.

Based on his quotes Townsend is coming in to play left wing. So I imagine it'll be more like:

SpongeBlob

Jan      Mbemba      Colo      Dummett

Saivet          Shelvey

Sissoko          Winny            Townsend

Mitro\Remy?

Though maybe Colback would play instead of Saivet. Really wish we could get a left back in this window, but if we do get Remy, I think we'll be alright.

So possible

SpongeBlob

Sissoko          Shelvey

Mitro\Remy?

Based on his quotes Townsend is coming in to play left wing. So I imagine it'll be more like:

SpongeBlob

Jan      Mbemba      Colo      Dummett

Saivet          Shelvey

Sissoko          Winny            Townsend

Mitro\Remy?

Though maybe Colback would play instead of Saivet. Really wish we could get a left back in this window, but if we do get Remy, I think we'll be alright.

Yup this is much more likely.

I'm not keen on either personally.

Little concerned about where this leaves perez, it will be criminal if we flog this lad.

Aye, who knows what Ashley is thinking though. Is he thinking wait another season, get him more games and more experience hoping his price tag will go up? Or is he thinking we have the 'purples' to cover him (we know how little he thinks of squad depth and injuries) and wants to get rid while his stock is fairly high in the summer and make a tidy profit of about £10m on him?

Guest Howaythetoon

Ah mind one time when he came on against Liverpool and terrorised their full-back in the space of like ten minutes at least 4 - FOUR - times. I saw something in him that day.

Wooaa, Woooaa, Wooa  where's copper top Jack

You foxy reds...always sticking together! Hey, forgot my current avatar: "Brotherhood of Ninj!"

Red Head ? I wish, the last of my hair went with that wind today

Reckon a key attribute, aside from giving us options going forward, will be indirectly freeing up space for Janmaat and Sissoko on the right hand sides as we'll actually have a modicum of threat on both sides for a change so they can't overload their left defensive areas.

Even though he's a head down type player it'll also give us another option outside of Sissoko who can actually move the team forward quickly with the ball which might well be invaluable if we're going to sitting deep/ playing on the break and all that. I can see why he's been bought even if I think he's fairly average.

:thup:

Some definite similarities between this and the Routledge signing in the promotion season in terms of bringing some much needed balance to the side.

:thup:

Some definite similarities between this and the Routledge signing in the promotion season in terms of bringing some much needed balance to the side.

Aye that's what I was thinking.

I agree with withabrick tbh and have said the same many times before now, I'm not convinced he's any better than Obertan but I do sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I don't really rate him at all, but if he's no better than Obertan he is going to be spectacularly wank.

I agree with withabrick tbh and have said the same many times before now, I'm not convinced he's any better than Obertan but I do sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I don't really rate him at all, but if he's no better than Obertan he is going to be spectacularly wank.

Could be overly harsh and I suppose he does shoot more than Obertan from distance, but this is an opinion I've held on him since well before we were even linked. Really hope I'm wrong as I say.