Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

You're not convinced a man with 10 caps for England is a better player than Obertan? Gabriel Obertan. It's literally impossible that he isn't.

As if England caps matter.

I really wish people would stop mentioning his England caps/goals mind. Doesn't matter one bit.

Our squad is full of internationals, you'd think our fans would realise it doesn't mean much if you're a shit team. :lol:

You're not convinced a man with 10 caps for England is a better player than Obertan? Gabriel Obertan. It's literally impossible that he isn't.

As if England caps matter.

Well in the context that Gabriel Obertan would struggle to get a cap for Chad, nevermind maintain a place in the England squad, I think it's a valid point.

He is the same style as Obertan. Head down winger who has bad decision making in the final third.

Townsend is at least capable of making a decision in the final third, unlike Obertan who just dithers aimlessly on the ball until he gets tackled.

He is the same style as Obertan. Head down winger who has bad decision making in the final third.

Townsend is at least capable of making a decision in the final third, unlike Obertan who just dithers aimlessly on the ball until he gets tackled.

At the very least Townsend has confidence in his own ability, he has the guts to actually use his pace to be direct.  Obertan has pace and power but he's scared to run at people.

We've at least now signed a couple of players who aren't scared to have a shot from distance even if they're not prolific.

Not to mention one that actually beats players.

Even Sissoko tends to power and bumble his way past opponents, rather than dribble past them.

We don't have a single guy that can get a full back on his back foot, which really is a bit silly.

I think that's just ignorant fan talk tbh, Sissoko just goes for the quickest route to get into a position to deliver a cross. Just because he won't waste time on step-overs or drag backs doesn't mean he's powering past or bumbling. His footwork and delivery are actually exceptionally accurate and that's why he's generally creating at least a couple of great chances every game.

I agree with withabrick tbh and have said the same many times before now, I'm not convinced he's any better than Obertan but I do sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I don't really rate him at all, but if he's no better than Obertan he is going to be spectacularly wank.

Could be overly harsh and I suppose he does shoot more than Obertan from distance, but this is an opinion I've held on him since well before we were even linked. Really hope I'm wrong as I say.

Pretty sure you are wrong since Obertan's biggest problem has always been using his speed to burst down the wing, only to slow up, change direction, then head back the other way. Not to mention he can't cross above ankle height.

Townsend 80 apps 6 goals 6 assists

Obertan 84 apps 4 goals 10 assists

Obertan is complete dog shit obvs, but stats wise he's running him close like :lol:

Obertan doing his for an arguably shitter team as well.

I agree with withabrick tbh and have said the same many times before now, I'm not convinced he's any better than Obertan but I do sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I don't really rate him at all, but if he's no better than Obertan he is going to be spectacularly wank.

Could be overly harsh and I suppose he does shoot more than Obertan from distance, but this is an opinion I've held on him since well before we were even linked. Really hope I'm wrong as I say.

Pretty sure you are wrong since Obertan's biggest problem has always been using his speed to burst down the wing, only to slow up, change direction, then head back the other way. Not to mention he can't cross above ankle height.

We'll see. As stated I'm happy to be wrong but in Townsend what I've seen to date is a fast player with questionable decision-making in important areas that leads to a lack of goals or assists. I'm not saying they're exactly the same player.

I really wish people would stop mentioning his England caps/goals mind. Doesn't matter one bit.

Our squad is full of internationals, you'd think our fans would realise it doesn't mean much if you're a shit team. :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11062428/Mocking-Jack-Colbacks-England-call-up-is-nothing-but-ignorance-and-stupidity-from-armchair-fans.html

:D

Fucking hell, how have I never seen that before?

Townsend 80 apps 6 goals 6 assists

Obertan 84 apps 4 goals 10 assists

Obertan is complete dog shit obvs, but stats wise he's running him close like :lol:

Obertan doing his for an arguably shitter team as well.

Yet we all know Townsend is a better player. Proof, if it was ever needed, that stats are dink.

Really what's he done bar a few month purple patch.  Is he better than what we've got?  Do not know as Thauvin has barely played.

Don't understand the signing.  We need a bloody Left back and a striker more than anything.

Our squad is full of internationals, you'd think our fans would realise it doesn't mean much if you're a shit team.[emoji38]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11062428/Mocking-Jack-Colbacks-England-call-up-is-nothing-but-ignorance-and-stupidity-from-armchair-fans.html

:D

Fucking hell, how have I never seen that before?

[emoji38]I hadn't actually I just wanted to google a standard Colback/England article. Was so disgusted by the title I didn't bother reading it

Christ that's unreal

Colback is a tidy footballer who rarely gives the ball away. He is an excellent link between defence and attack and has the sort of athletic ability every midfielder needs press and harangue the opposition.

Wow. Just wow. He has the athletic ability every midfielder needs to never reach an opponent in time to influence them and go completely out of the game after 60 minutes.