Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is he really as bad as people on here are saying?, surely he's got to have something about him for 12 million?

Even we couldn't sign a footballer who couldn't football at least a bit ?

I don't think most people are doubting his quality, more expressing their disappointment that we appear to be neglecting other areas that, in their view, are a higher priority than a winger.

Personally I think if we play him on the left he'll do well for us and add another dimension to our game but would have preferred to see a CB or striker brought in first.

Townsend is the sort of player who, when it's mooted he'll sign for you, you're distinctly underwhelmed. Then when he actually does sign, you start to realise it's not that bad a signing.

It really isn't, either. The only point I'd worry about is the fee. That's a lot of money.

In a nutshell :thup:

Townsend looks like he's fast and has a shot on him, so here's hoping he can do the business. It's hard to know how good he is, because he's barely played for two seasons. Most of his Spurs game time was during that 13/14 post Bale, AVB -> Sherwood season. The club had all those new signings and their main striker Soldado could barely hit the proverbial cow's arse with a banjo.  Sigurdsson didn't get a single league assist for them that year, though he's clearly a good footballer. Like Townsend, he didn't feature much under Sherwood in the second half of the season. The last six games they played 4-4-2 with Adebayor and Kane up front.

you'd imagine the cowardly lion will have to go with this right (maybe he makes it 4-4-1-1 'cause he's so cautious)?

saivet  shelvey

sissoko  wijnaldum townsend

mitro

then work perez in as a sub or a starter as and when needed, seriously that's 5 new players who weren't here to be tarnished by the pardew/carver years plus sissoko who creates the most chances for us, everton will probably trounce us as expected but we've really got to be battering the fuck out of west brom or sacking this chump, surely?

Is he really as bad as people on here are saying?, surely he's got to have something about him for 12 million?

Even we couldn't sign a footballer who couldn't football at least a bit ?

I don't think most people are doubting his quality, more expressing their disappointment that we appear to be neglecting other areas that, in their view, are a higher priority than a winger.

Personally I think if we play him on the left he'll do well for us and add another dimension to our game but would have preferred to see a CB or striker brought in first.

We are not gonna buy CB because of Colo's new contract and Taylor gettinf fit again. Colo is not going to get benched, no way

Hope this guy is going to be worth the money - 12m is a lot of money for a player unwanted by Spurs

Not that long ago, we'd have had to pay twice that amount for him. His career has gone in fits and starts, and I think we've scooped him up at a good time.

I'd be very disappointed in our squad though if he doesn't get mega-stick for being a fan of Pokemon.

you'd imagine the cowardly lion will have to go with this right (maybe he makes it 4-4-1-1 'cause he's so cautious)?

saivet  shelvey

sissoko  wijnaldum townsend

mitro

then work perez in as a sub or a starter as and when needed, seriously that's 5 new players who weren't here to be tarnished by the pardew/carver years plus sissoko who creates the most chances for us, everton will probably trounce us as expected but we've really got to be battering the f*** out of west brom or sacking this chump, surely?

I guess it will be that to.  Not sure Andros will start at Everton, mind. 

Oh and Everton have actually been quite poor at home.  Been better on the road, I think.  Plus they've just had a lot of fixtures, got a couple of injuries against Swansea and just went out of a cup semi-final.  So it's a good time to be playing them.  Although a lot of people said similar before we played Watford......

3-0 Everton :lol:

Hope this guy is going to be worth the money - 12m is a lot of money for a player unwanted by Spurs

Not that long ago, we'd have had to pay twice that amount for him. His career has gone in fits and starts, and I think we've scooped him up at a good time.

I'd be very disappointed in our squad though if he doesn't get mega-stick for being a fan of Pokemon.

What?  :lol: there's no way he was either worth £24m or that any top flight professional club would have paid £24m for him  :lol: jesus

I hope he does well, of course. But if we play him on the left, does that not negate one of his best strengths? Cutting in and occasionally hitting a shot on target? Every Spurs fan I've spoken to said he can't cross a football to save his life.

What?  :lol: there's no way he was either worth £24m or that any top flight professional club would have paid £24m for him  :lol: jesus

I hope he does well, of course. But if we play him on the left, does that not negate one of his best strengths? Cutting in and occasionally hitting a shot on target? Every Spurs fan I've spoken to said he can't cross a football to save his life.

One of the biggest complaints has been that he cuts in and hits it into row Z :lol:

His right foot is decent anyway iirc.

Is he?

I mean he's left footed.

If you want width I would have thought so. Perez is going to be playing narrow most of the time, he's not going past the full back on the outside is he?