Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's been himself, not sure why anyone expected anything else. For every good cross there's 7 or 8 shite ones or runs infield ignoring passes and losing it. At the same time he looks to get on the ball and doesn't hide so it's hard to have a pop. The most baffling thing is we bought him to play LW where he hasn't played for years, just like Thauvin before him it makes absolutely zero sense.

His defensive effort was atrocious

Which is strange because I assumed one of the reasons we were desperate to sign him and Shelvey was to provide some British grit which was lacking in the French tarts we've been sending back over the border at huge discounts.

Guest neesy111

Which is strange because I assumed one of the reasons we were desperate to sign him and Shelvey was to provide some British grit which was lacking in the French tarts we've been sending back over the border at huge discounts.

Whoever thought signing English players would solve our team issues needs sending to a North Korea detainment camp.

Whoever thought signing English players would solve our team issues needs sending to a North Korea detainment camp.

tbf signing English players might actually have solved our problems if they were strikers or fucking defenders.

Never really rated him, even his fierce shot only finds the target once every 11 years, his stepovers are so pointless (not even used to beat a man, just...random) and as others have said, his first touch is shocking. I like him though, he tries, he's direct and some of his randomness comes off from time to time.

In a half-decent side, his unpredictability would be an asset. In a relegation battle, he just isn't what we need...especially for the price the club paid.

More than enough quality and pace for the Championship though, could see him thriving at that level. For that reason, I hope he stays if we go down.

Did anyone really think he wouldn't be, other than those who like to delude themselves over every single signing we make?

We basically paid £4m for the player and another £8m for 10 England caps. Pretty much the same deal with Shelvey.

Agreed. That still has them as two of our better players tbf. And now we are getting relegated.

The funny thing about this guy is that there is so much complaint about his performance, but he still managed to find a way to produce something, with the assist yesterday.

Moussa Sissoko has not scored this season. His last assist was on the 6th of December 2015.

I didn't think he was that bad on Saturday, good assist for the goal and he at least tried to make something happen.

Yes his quality wasn't great, but he still managed to pull us back into the game from nowhere.

There were many more worse performances than his, at least he shows for the ball, tries to do something and doesn't hide for 90 minutes.

He's ridiculously greedy is my main fault with him, he's the main reason Janmaat has been so ineffective going forward lately IMO as he doesn't link up with him much at all like Sissoko did. Still a pretty dangerous player though

Greediest f***er I've ever seen

Thick as f***.

So predictable and brainless.

Hmm sound like anyone we already know.

Massive spring onion head & French?

You aren't trying to say he's no better than Obertan are you?, because despite his limitations he's still far better.

I didn't think he was that bad on Saturday, good assist for the goal and he at least tried to make something happen.

Yes his quality wasn't great, but he still managed to pull us back into the game from nowhere.

There were many more worse performances than his, at least he shows for the ball, tries to do something and doesn't hide for 90 minutes.

Aye, and the fact he gets on the ball and gets shots away can create chances as well, like the one that rebounded to Cisse on Saturday and should have been the equaliser.

Aye, and the fact he gets on the ball and gets shots away can create chances as well, like the one that rebounded to Cisse on Saturday and should have been the equaliser.

That miss though, lulz.