Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So we rescue him for years in the wilderness at Spurs. He plays well dor us, gets back into the England squad and the decides to join the manager that was so instumental in our deline. Great.

Anyone who wants loyalty should buy a dog. Palace will offer him mega £££ on the back of the massive increase in revenue.

Guest chopey

He seems like a flawed character he was hounded out of spurs because of his poor attitude and now he jumps ship at the first opportunity, if that's the way he is then it's probably best he does leave

If Pardew is seen by Townsend a most of the media inexplicably see him (good, solid manager) then you can see why Townsend might have had his head turned, easy route to the premier league, arguably more chance to show his stuff to get a permanent England spot and if he has a good season someone in the top half might come in for him anyway.

From his point of view it makes sense, we were just daft enough to believe he had some affinity for us and Rafa for plucking him from the obscurity of the Spurs reserves and getting his career back on track, could have given us till Jan.

Can see both sides really, but that's the way of football these days, no loyalty at all.

As if anyone really gives a shit about that anymore. Evidence this summer once again suggests that players just can't be arsed.

Guest reefatoon

That's  not what people are against man. It's been mentioned on numerous occasions, it's the club he has jumped ship for that has people riled.

Enjoy playing "front foot" football under the King, Andros.

You have such good times lying ahead of you, especially as you're a winger.

Auxillary full back and future escapegoat when things go wrong cause Pardew can't blame Bolasie, Punch or Zaha anymore tbh.

If he wants to move back to the Premier League surely there's a better move out there for him?

Pardew has an incredible track record of nulifying his own wingers and Palace were in free fall. How can that be an encouraging prospect for him?

I think if it was Southampton, Everton, West Ham etc I'd be more understanding but to move to another potential relegation battle with Pards.. Urgh!

He is correct to leave for a EPL club.  I wont blame him for this, and he is one of the fews that really give us all in the relegation fights.

The problem is he is joining a sinking ship that wont do him any good.  Its DAFT.  Playing under Pardew is s***, playing behind Zaha and Bolasie is even shitter. What is he thinking? Bench warmer again?

I'll set you on fire if you ever say EPL again

That's  not what people are against man. It's been mentioned on numerous occasions, it's the club he has jumped ship for that has people riled.

Well they are, they are calling him foolish for not staying with us as it lacks foresight. The guy is a premier league player who wants to play in the prem. Disappointing from our POV but I wouldn't expect anything else.

Someone else mentioned it which nailed it. It wasn't like with Wijnaldum where he was sold the whole challenge for Europe thing so should feel done by, he signed in January where he must have seen what we'd been like and had a good chance of going down still, yet has happily just washed his hands of us to sign for probably one of the only teams who were actually worse than us in his spell here. He can naff off.

Have no problem with him leaving.  As I think he's easily good enough to play in the Prem and was one of our only decent players from last year.  But I would have thought perhaps a club like Everton or Southmapton may have shown some interest. 

Joining Palace and Pardew, is a terrible move.  He works hard TBF to him.  So I hope he enjoys playing as an auxiliary full back.

Did Hodgson leaving England have any bearing on Townsend reportedly leaving? Ithink Townsend felt more secure about his England prospects with Hodgson as boss.

You would have to think so, he needs to impress a new manager who might not even bother to watch the Championship.

He wants to play in the prem. The club had only itself to blame.

Thought he really bought into it up here. Then I remembered all footballers are greedy self centred arseholes.

Yup.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a bit pathetic of him to leave so soon, but assuming Ritchie is coming here soon I'd rather have someone who wants to be here giving it their all than someone who thinks Palace is a better place to be.