Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ritchie is barely holding down a fairly regular place on the wing in the championship, competing against Gouffran and Atsu...

Townsend would be a massive improvement on what we have, and would be ready made for next season back in the top division.

Anyone who wouldn't take him back is just holding a grudge, he'd definitely improve our team and competition for places on the wing.

It wont happen though.

Fuck him. I'm holding a grudge I admit it.

Anyone who wouldn't take him back is just holding a grudge, he'd definitely improve our team and competition for places on the wing.

It wont happen though.

f*** him. I'm holding a grudge I admit it.

No grudge here, He made his decision to leave, he hasn't held down a 1st team spot, he has been coached for a year by Pardew and we know the effect that has on a player.

Look for other options.

It wont happen though.

No grudge here, He made his decision to leave, he hasn't held down a 1st team spot, he has been coached for a year by Pardew and we know the effect that has on a player.

Look for other options.

Not even been there 6 months yet

It wont happen though.

Look for other options.

Not even been there 6 months yet

Yeah. I was looking ahead to next season.

He'd improve our current team for sure but to be quite honest when we do go back up I'd like to see us aim a bit higher than bringing Townsend back. Decent player but nothing special IMO.

I don't really hold any ill will towards him but honestly a part of me finds it funny that his time at Palace has been a disaster. Given how his career had gone up until he came to Newcastle it was a monumentally thick decision by him to leave. A proven top class manager clearly rated him, knew how to best use his talents and envisaged him as a first team regular going forward. After a career of bouncing around on loan to a million clubs and failing to really get a proper run at Spurs you'd think he'd have been delighted to have finally found a club where things were going well and he looked set for the future, even if it meant a year in the Championship. Instead he gets all excited about going to play for Alan fucking Pardew.

Moron. :lol:

Possible bad agent advise but the responsibility falls on him. Said at time, if a player would prefer to play for pardew than benitez then glad to get rid. He clearly has no desire to settle down anywhere btu keep chasing imaginary greener grass elsewhere. I could maybe understand it in a year with euros or world cup at end in the hope he could get an (probably undiserved all in all) england place. I'd probably have him back, seems foolish rather than greedy or anything.

He'd improve our current team for sure but to be quite honest when we do go back up I'd like to see us aim a bit higher than bringing Townsend back. Decent player but nothing special IMO.

I don't really hold any ill will towards him but honestly a part of me finds it funny that his time at Palace has been a disaster. Given how his career had gone up until he came to Newcastle it was a monumentally thick decision by him to leave. A proven top class manager clearly rated him, knew how to best use his talents and envisaged him as a first team regular going forward. After a career of bouncing around on loan to a million clubs and failing to really get a proper run at Spurs you'd think he'd have been delighted to have finally found a club where things were going well and he looked set for the future, even if it meant a year in the Championship. Instead he gets all excited about going to play for Alan fucking Pardew.

Moron. :lol:

Sums up my feeling towards him, but I do wonder if he'd still have left had Hodgson picked him for the Euros. Probably, I suppose.

Would have played every minute for us this season, albeit in the championship but would have been an absolute hero and would have developed further under Rafa of that I'm sure.

Yeah. Has to be absolutely gutted. I'm sure family was a factor but looks like a new level of moron at the moment. 

Maybe he will get back on track once pardew has been binned!