Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How about we tell the pair to f*** off and wave at them on the way past soon  O0

Starting to feel a bit like this, however he would improve us to the point that it makes our first 11 the best in the league

If we get Townsend and Palace make a 2M profit I'd take that. Palace have just paid around the same amount for a defender who can't defend but can run and sometimes scores goals; quite often when he shouldn't be anywhere near the positions he gets into.

Have to say though that we still need a good midfield player more than we need Townsend right now. God help us if anything happens to Shelvey. Rafa must see this.

To be fair, Palace wouldn't have got him for just £12m if it hadn't been for the clause. Bet it would have been nearer £17-18m normally.

Yep. £15m for Townsend is still a good deal.

in the context of this transfer window we shouldn't be thinking twice about it tbh

We are going to get 11 million Euros for a French winger at the end of the season. The best he mustered for us was against some lower division team. Here we have a player who was immense for us under Rafa and the club seemingly won't back our manager.

This sort of behaviour by the board could risk Rafa walking and the wheels of promotion well and truely falling off.

Now it might all be paper talk as Ashley has given the club a massive overdraft facility but come 1st Feb if no one has come in that could help us get promoted and do well in the Premier League then Ashley and Charnley et al must have their heads in the sand.

It won't be the first time as they said we wouldn't get relegated either. Look how that turned out  :lol:

I believe we can go up without any new signings. I prefer us to wait.

I would be very sad if Mbemba leaves in a panic deal. Also i hope he is rated by Rafa. I would like to believe he has a huge potential...its just Clark being good/experienced and Lascelles captain....that makes it difficult for him.