Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Absolutely. Some managers just take a shine and trust certain players though.

Anyway, we could in theory buy him and still loan Kenedy for another year.

We could, but the c***s at the club above Rafa would never be as pragmatic.

The club putting stories out in the press of a circa £20m bid, seems similar of the Berahino "we tried" ploy. Hope I'm wrong and we are willing to spend £20m+ on 1 player, like.

Signing Kenedy, Townsend (I am aware that signing two established Premier League players with Ashley as owner is likely a fever dream), and any forward that can resemble a competent Premier League player would improve this side immeasurably. From what Rafa has managed to build thus far, NUFC isn't far from being well-above the relegation-level fodder and solidly top-half side imo. The path is right there, but it requires Ashley to spend 15+ million pounds to chase the decent players every other team in the league may want, so this could be out of the question, tbf.

At the moment, there are not really any dynamic attacking players at the club. There are grafters, players with good attacking qualities, and dribblers, but no one who is explosive or a real match-winner.

Signing Kenedy, Townsend (I am aware that signing two established Premier League players with Ashley as owner is likely a fever dream), and any forward that can resemble a competent Premier League player would improve this side immeasurably. From what Rafa has managed to build thus far, NUFC isn't far from being well-above the relegation-level fodder and solidly top-half side imo. The path is right there, but it requires Ashley to spend 15+ million pounds to chase the decent players every other team in the league may want, so this could be out of the question, tbf.

At the moment, there are not really any dynamic attacking players at the club. There are grafters, players with good attacking qualities, and dribblers, but no one who is explosive or a real match-winner.

this is the point i made yesterday, if we had a budget of £50m as has been mooted then making 2-3 top class attacking signings would transform us...bring in another one or two generated from sales and a decent loan or two and we'll be set for the season

keep the gravy train rumbling on until some daft cunt hopefully comes along and buys ashley out

You would never get the same commitment and work-rate and I may go as far to say passion Matt Ritchie gives down the right from a player like Townsend.

Its not a position that needs immediate attention with Ritchie, Murphy and even Atsu being able to play right mid or left mid.

Priority areas would be a Striker and a right full back. And competition at left back.

Probably just sports journalist boredom

We've got one winger on the books capable of being first choice at the minute.

Murphy may become one, Atsu is half decent back-up if you need something late on. (he was great in his cameo against Huddersfield late in the season for example). I think a winger is a big priority tbh. Along with a striker, number 10, left-back (we literally have only 1 on the books), and probably a centre-back now with Mbemba going. Can't go a season with 3 centre-backs. Can't even consider Dummett as the 4th CB if he's the only left-back.

I want Kennedy but Townsend was better in his 6 months here like.

He's a no brainer if we're not paying daft money for him.

Kenedy has much more potential than Townsend though. At £20m Kenedy will be our first choice and if theirs any truth in these rumours or other rumours of other wingers then we will likely be using our interest in them to try and get a better deal on the Kenedy deal first.

The story I read yesterday said Crystal Palace had rejected a £20m bid from NUFC (not that I believe NUFC have made that bid). More than £20m is a total non-starter.

Atsu has had a knee injury for a long time which he was trying to manage with injections. He's had an operation on it now so hopefully he'll perform better next season injury free.

Surely if we're bidding £20m for Townsend, then we've already bid that for Kenedy and been rejected (or put on hold)?

If things are as bad as they seem money wise, then a #9 and an #11 is the barest minimum, to bring us to where we were at the end of the season. I'm not fussed if we don't venture beyond that, although I hope squad players are replaced wisely and hopefully with genuine competition for positions. We can hope...

Guest chopey

This is why I'm confident of a good summer transfer wise if we are prepared to bid £20 million for Townsend then Rafa must have a new number nine lined up as well as a couple of others.