Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Long shot i know but maybe the reason we aren't buying Townsend before selling Ritchie, is because it's an either or.

If i lose my senses for a mo, it could be that Rafa does have a bit to spend but isn't in a rush to sell Ritchie, so will only do so if it means Townsend comes in.

Haha what am i thinking  :lol:

+10m Merino

+15m Ritchie

-0      Ki

-18m  Townsend

7m, part of which went towards Drubs.

Upgrade on our team with negative net spend and position-for-position replacement?

I'm really not a huge fan of Ritchie as a player, and found myself hating his performances for most of last season. The fact it seems to be two Championship clubs looking to sign him says a lot, IMO.

That said, he's a good character to have in the squad. It would be a move similar to when Nolan and Barton were jettisoned at the end of 10/11. I would back Rafa on it if he thinks we'd improve as a team because of it.

Not the biggest fan of Townsend. Can't really put my finger on it. In any case, he's not a player we should splash the cash on. We're not in that sort of position with Ashley in charge.

Not the biggest fan of Townsend. Can't really put my finger on it. In any case, he's not a player we should splash the cash on. We're not in that sort of position with Ashley in charge.

Similar feelings, but also I think he could be better under Rafa again. If Rafa rates him then fine by me.

I kinda think the opposite with limited funds Rafa can't gamble he needs known quantities.

Feel bad for Ritchie. Rafa' s been jilted and moved on but now his ex has turned up available and interested again. Ritchie is the spare wheel and was always just a rebound. Hopefully it's not a case of never go back. 

Guest neesy111

Be unhappy with Townsend, he can be good on his day but his career is full of flattering to deceive after a couple of performances.  Ritchie across a season would still be better.

Be unhappy with Townsend, he can be good on his day but his career is full of flattering to deceive after a couple of performances.  Ritchie across a season would still be better.

I think it’s pretty close TBH, Ritchie has his periods where he doesn’t do anything for a few weeks.

I kinda think the opposite with limited funds Rafa can't gamble he needs known quantities.

If being valued and wanted by a world class manager to the extent that Rafa does doesn’t make Townsend feel 10 foot tall then nowt will.

More pace on the wing, something we lack with Ritchie, similar end product including set pieces, younger with a higher resale value.

Townsend as a direct replacement for Ritchie will be fine.

I thought he was excellent when he was here. Does count against him he left, and I think Ritchie's set pieces have been tremendous for us, will be missed very badly indeed if not properly replaced but he is slow and didn't have the best first half of last season. I would be disappoited to lose him, his attitude has been one of the pillars of Rafa's work rebuilding the squad. I wouldn't be displeased with Townsend though, even if he is an idiot for jumping ship.

Not a slight on Rafa, but it's why i always find it weird fans talking about players being loyal to clubs. Ritchie dropped down a division, played in the champ, helped get us up, one season in the prem and now he's out the door.

Hmmm doesn't feel the most brutal, he'll leave very well liked, he is in decline and getting slower, had a reasonable length here. He may not want to be on the bench, rather go to championship where he knows he will boss.