Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

I think there is a decent player in there. He will frustrate but he is a goal threat. He came on for Spurs against Liverpool a few months back and turned their full-back inside out in the space of 10 minutes or so and was a direct goal threat.

Players like him, and like Thauvin and Cabbella need a run of games to build up some form, some confidence and ultimately some consistency.

I'm not a big fan of Sissoko, but image how shit he would look coming on for 10 minutes here, a half there or start a game once ina  blue moon?

I couldn't give a fuck about the price either, Sky are pumping billions into PL clubs every year and we are now just starting to spend some of that money.

I think there is a decent player in there. He will frustrate but he is a goal threat. He came on for Spurs against Liverpool a few months back and turned their full-back inside out in the space of 10 minutes or so and was a direct goal threat.

Players like him, and like Thauvin and Cabbella need a run of games to build up some form, some confidence and ultimately some consistency.

I'm not a big fan of Sissoko, but image how shit he would look coming on for 10 minutes here, a half there or start a game once ina  blue moon?

I couldn't give a fuck about the price either, Sky are pumping billions into PL clubs every year and we are now just starting to spend some of that money.

That 1 in  8 goal threat :yao:

Guest Howaythetoon

Its not all about goals, its about causing the opposition problems, pinning them back, forcing an otherwise attacking full-back to defend deep/to stay out of our half. Obertan has pace, but doesn't have the heart, instinct, ability or brains to get at a full-back. Townsend has those things with the exception of ability, although I wouldn't say he is a clogger, he does have some ability. In short he is a threat. Spurs don't play his kind of game. We do, i.e. counter attacking.  He could be a good player for us.

Like Cabella, looks like we will never know with Thauvin which is frustrating to say the least

I trust the judgement of the staff that work with him every day. Maybe he is just as shit at the training ground and hasn't settled. I'm ok with us cutting loses if he clearly isn't suited to the league and won't settle. It is however just another damning indictment of our scouting and Recruitment skills though.

Also going to make mclaren look even more stupid after the we do and will continue to stand behind Thauvin less than two weeks ago.

I like Townsend. I think for that money we should be able to get better but I think he will hit the ground running and take his chance with us if we get him and we need Pace. It should both give perez a rest and Aarons time to grow into the team but also competition for them both. I have always liked what I have seen of townsend tbh. It's a worry he is so far from match fit though. We need someone now.

Is that the only time you've seen him play? That's about the 5th time you've mentioned this golden ten minutes against the mighty liverpool.

He's not very good- his stats say it and every single Spurs fan you speak to says it.

More than anything we need square pegs in square holes. I can't pretend to have seen much of him on the left, but even if he's not the best square peg we could get,  if he's comfortable there can beat a man and supply even 7/10 in quality crosses he will improve us.

Aarons nailed on to be fucked about by McClaren now, as he has been so far when he wasn't injured and was our best player in pre-season, and McC still started Obertan over him.

Yet you fail to mention how abysmal he was against Northampton.

Aarons nailed on to be fucked about by McClaren now, as he has been so far when he wasn't injured and was our best player in pre-season, and McC still started Obertan over him.

Yet you fail to mention how abysmal he was against Northampton.

:lol: Yes, yes I did. Alan Shearer was abysmal once also against some team, why don't people mention that each time they bring him up? Or that MLK had extramarital affairs each time we discuss non-violence? Can somebody please think about the children?!

I think Sissoko would absolutely rape a full back if was just coming on for the last 15 minutes

I think hes someone who can impact and hopefully win us games, which for that reason I'd happily take him as we lack anybody like that at the moment but  thats aslong as we dont over pay. I dont really know how hes going to fit in the team to be honest which just shows how much of a pointless signing this though when we've got other areas which need improving and say 12million on which we spend on Townsend could get us a good quality CDM/Defender or Austin

Just remember that a Danny Simpson - Mark Albrighton combo down the right side is joint top of the league.

:lol:

True.

But we're managed by Steve fucking McClaren

But Leicester are being managed by the great Ranieri?

One of the most negative, overrated, dull, managers out there. How he keeps getting fairly decent jobs is beyond me.

Just remember that a Danny Simpson - Mark Albrighton combo down the right side is joint top of the league.

:lol:

True.

But we're managed by Steve fucking McClaren

But Leicester are being managed by the great Ranieri?

One of the most negative, overrated, dull, managers out there. How he keeps getting fairly decent jobs is beyond me.

Wow, personal vendetta alert. #whatsbeef