Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's a good player, better than what we have at present and given the way he left last summer I imagine he'd feel pretty guilty if he was to come back and would want to win over any negative feelings towards him through effort on the pitch.

Footballers are mercenaries looking out for themselves, he owed us no loyalty. Yes, leaving to go and play for Alan f***ing Pardew instead of Rafa is like ditching your Victoria's Secret model in favour of dry humping the gap between sofa cushions but he was chasing the Premier League and given the signings Palace were making last summer you can't blame him for thinking they might do something of note this season.

It hasn't worked and if he wants to come back we should be happy that we have a good player regardless of how or why he left in the first place.

Brilliant analogy but  I would have gone with sticking your knob in a bacon slicer rather than shagging the couch judging by the way he ruined players.

Due to sheer boredom, I just watched the final 15mins of the first half of Palace/Bolton on periscope.

Although it was only a small section of the crowd I could hear, I wasn't quite aware just how much Palace fans hate him.

On their forum he's called "Andross", "Dross" and ,"Townsnoendproduct". They seem to think we want a loan but Fat Sam wants hard cash.

All these posts but nothing more concrete than a like on twitter? Seems a long shot

Not totally true, we have this blinder

“We are not talking about names,” Benitez replied with a smile when asked if Townsend was a player he would like to bring back to the North East.

On the basis that all footballers bar a minority are money-focused, double-digit IQ cretins, I find it hard to blame Townsend for anything he's done. As a footballer at Spurs would he really know anything at all about our fans feelings towards Pardew? He's hardly gone there to spite us now has he. It looks like he wanted to stay in the PL, have a chance at England and he thought Palace would allow him to do that. So he's stupid.

Would have him back here in a heartbeat no question.

On the basis that all footballers bar a minority are money-focused, double-digit IQ cretins, I find it hard to blame Townsend for anything he's done. As a footballer at Spurs would he really know anything at all about our fans feelings towards Pardew? He's hardly gone there to spite us now has he. It looks like he wanted to stay in the PL, have a chance at England and he thought Palace would allow him to do that. So he's stupid.

Would have him back here in a heartbeat no question.

Me too - seemed to click at our place and had a good relationship with Rafa. Made a professional decision (wrongly in my opinion) but did it in the right way and as far as I'm aware didn't twist in public. No hard feelings at all towards him and would welcome him back.

I kind of admire Townsend for having the guts to hold his hands up and come back, with all the scrutiny and some criticism that will come with it. Fair play. i won't hold it against him. He'll be lucky to be getting another chance really.

If we sign him I would pretty much be 100% confident of promotion.

Yeah it'd be Routledge all over again, but better. We'd have huge threat on both wings and teams wouldn't be able to contain us, especially at home.

Yeah it'd be Routledge all over again, but better. We'd have huge threat on both wings and teams wouldn't be able to contain us, especially at home.

Who would you put on the left?

Sammy

Ritchie, but I'd happily see them alternate.

Loan now with a view to making it permanent works for us, but not sure Palace will go for it, as they (Fat Sam) will probably want the cash now to spend this window.

Hopefully a deal can be sorted though.