Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At least we found out he was a mercenary c*** early on and got our money back. No harm done, now we can focus on bringing players here who understand what this football club is about and want to be part of something great.

Is this serious? LOL what an awful post.

It's from my perspective as a Newcastle fan, obviously being a Palace fan yourself you may view differently.

You can only understand things from your own perspective?

He's a mercenary c*** because he's joined a fairly established PL club?

Out of all our signings in recent years few seem to genuinely work as hard and understand what this club is about then Townsend.  I believe he joined us in the first place as he felt we should be able to stay up, he could get back into the England squad and we would be a fantastic club for him going forward. 

We've been relegated.  He's in the prime of his career.  He did his best to keep us here.  He deserves to play in the PL this season. 

Comments like yours feed into this notion that football fans but especially Newcastle fans are fickle. 

If a good player leaves to play at a higher level or for a bigger club = mercenary c***. 

Grow up mate. 

He's a feckless little s*** who repaid our adulation and support by pissing off at the first opportunity. That too after we gave him a chance to rebuild his dead in the water England career. No wonder Pochettino turfed him out of Spurs the snidey little c***.

:thup:

Pathetic. 

He will have played in the Premier League for 12 months, and could sign for another PL team if they go down...? Unless he absolutely lit the Championship on fire, there is no win for him down here.

Shame we didn't consider loaning him to a Premier league team for a season.

We offered him that option, but he turned it down. Seems like being in London is more important even if it is playing for a struggling club with an arsehole of a manager.

At least we found out he was a mercenary c*** early on and got our money back. No harm done, now we can focus on bringing players here who understand what this football club is about and want to be part of something great.

It's from my perspective as a Newcastle fan, obviously being a Palace fan yourself you may view differently.

Out of all our signings in recent years few seem to genuinely work as hard and understand what this club is about then Townsend.  I believe he joined us in the first place as he felt we should be able to stay up, he could get back into the England squad and we would be a fantastic club for him going forward. 

We've been relegated.  He's in the prime of his career.  He did his best to keep us here.  He deserves to play in the PL this season. 

Comments like yours feed into this notion that football fans but especially Newcastle fans are fickle. 

If a good player leaves to play at a higher level or for a bigger club = mercenary c***. 

Grow up mate.

We're the fickle ones? This guy came in beating his chest kissing the badge and all that bollocks and leaves after 13 matches having already said he wanted to stay after going down. I do realise footballers are thick greedy c***s these days but to talk about leaving NUFC to Palace like it's the natural order of things is stupid beyond belief. "Fairly established PL club" eh? Your cover's been blown. I suggest you delete your account and head straight back down to that s*** Palace forum you belong in, and worship your king along with the rest of them.

We, as a fanbase, have been fucked over by everyone and humiliated, and we're the fickle ones for not wanting one the few bright spots of last season to join the piece of shit mostly responsible for our current situation. Fuck that. Seriously.

He was good for us, but really don't get everyone's hype on him. He is nothing special, good left foot but so frustrating to watch. Of course he tried his all and seemed to care, but he really isn't Robert in his prime guys..

Sad to see him go obv

Grow up mate.

We're the fickle ones? This guy came in beating his chest kissing the badge and all that bollocks and leaves after 13 matches having already said he wanted to stay after going down. I do realise footballers are thick greedy c***s these days but to talk about leaving NUFC to Palace like it's the natural order of things is stupid beyond belief. "Fairly established PL club" eh? Your cover's been blown. I suggest you delete your account and head straight back down to that s*** Palace forum you belong in, and worship your king along with the rest of them.

We, as a fanbase, have been fucked over by everyone and humiliated, and we're the fickle ones for not wanting one the few bright spots of last season to join the piece of shit mostly responsible for our current situation. Fuck that. Seriously.

:clap:

Guest firetotheworks

'Grow up mate' :lol: What a patronising, pretentious little...

Ironically my level of maturity briefly fantasises about you growing up to the point of old age and death purely because you ruin my enjoyment of a football forum.

'Grow up mate' :lol: What a...

Ironically my level of maturity briefly fantasises about you growing up to the point of old age and death purely because you ruin my enjoyment of a football forum.

:lol:

Shame we didn't consider loaning him to a Premier league team for a season.

We offered him that option, but he turned it down. Seems like being in London is more important even if it is playing for a struggling club with an arsehole of a manager.

:thup: Didn't realise.

Grow up mate.

We, as a fanbase, have been f***ed over by everyone and humiliated, and we're the fickle ones for not wanting one the few bright spots of last season to join the piece of s*** mostly responsible for our current situation. f*** that. Seriously.

You seem more upset by the fact... and it is a fact.. that CP are a more attractive club than us at present.  The lad hasn't left for a daft reason. He's left to keep playing at the PL level.

You look like an idiot blaming Pardew for us being relegated. He left 18 months prior. And we signed £80m worth of player in his absence. Your hate for him (which is understandable somewhat) is blinding you to clear logic.

Townsend isn't a mercenary cunt for leaving, he's just made a terrible career choice in believing the spin of the King. Pretty much like the average Brexit voter.

However to suggest Pardew isn't one of the key people responsible for our relegation suggests severe mental deficiencies.

You look like an idiot blaming Pardew for us being relegated. He left 18 months prior. And we signed £80m worth of player in his absence. Your hate for him (which is understandable somewhat) is blinding you to clear logic.

It's 100% wrong to ignore the deep rooted damage that Pardew did to this club. He's as much to blame as Schteve.

Basically Pardew was instrumental in creating a defeatist mentality right through the club that led right to relegation. It would have taken a Keegan or Bobby type character to turn that around within a year

It's 100% wrong to ignore the deep rooted damage that Pardew did to this club. He's as much to blame as Schteve.

Basically Pardew was instrumental in creating a defeatist mentality right through the club that led right to relegation. It would have taken a Keegan or Bobby type character to turn that around within a year

I agree with your second point.  But it is the people running the club that create that mentality.

But I don't think Steve is the main reason either.  He's BEEN a loser.  Why was he hired? Why did Pardew survive those near relegation moments? Those are the main people at fault. In fact there's just one.  Fat Mike. 

He was good for us, but really don't get everyone's hype on him. He is nothing special, good left foot but so frustrating to watch. Of course he tried his all and seemed to care, but he really isn't Robert in his prime guys..

Sad to see him go obv

Agree with this, he had a very short run here and he did very well, but a lot of us didn't rate him before he came here for a good reason.