Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have decided I'd really love it if he came back. He's clearly a step above this division and, what's more, he's got bags of pace and as we've seen several times this season - it's something we generally lack. Yedlin is an exception so to have it on both sides (you'd envisage Ritchie and Townsend switching during the course of home games), would be massive for us.

Have decided I'd really love it if he came back. He's clearly a step above this division and, what's more, he's got bags of pace and as we've seen several times this season - it's something we generally lack. Yedlin is an exception so to have it on both sides (you'd envisage Ritchie and Townsend switching during the course of home games), would be massive for us.

In for a rude awakening if you think Rafa is going to play him and Ritchie imo.

One of them would be on the bench.

He's started Ritchie and Atsu together. No reason he wouldn't play Townsend with the former.

Ritchie was on the left quite a lot today. I'd imagine they could both play very easily.

Thought that was killing two birds by putting sameobi on for shop window purposes while also testing Richie out on the left again. I do think ritchie is weaker on the left but with wingers that switch sides throughout the game. It could be drool worthy.

Maybe he didn't like it seeing as he gave lazaar some minutes lol

No one will see the masterplan of playing Atsu Ritchie and Townsend all at once.

Ritchie was on the left quite a lot today. I'd imagine they could both play very easily.

Thought that was killing two birds by putting sameobi on for shop window purposes while also testing Richie out on the left again. I do think ritchie is weaker on the left but with wingers that switch sides throughout the game. It could be drool worthy.

Ameobi can't play for any team other than ourselves or Bolton this season

In which case I honestly wouldn't see the point, then.

Ameobi can't play for any team other than ourselves or Bolton this season

Good point.

Not just this season, but Matt Ritchie and Andros Townsend as your wingers would definitely be good enough in the Premier League. Potentially if we sign Atsu he is adequate back up on one wing, too.

Hopefully we get this sorted so in the summer Rafa can focus on strengthening our central midfield and defence along with a couple of back up players for depth.

Not just this season, but Matt Ritchie and Andros Townsend as your wingers would definitely be good enough in the Premier League. Potentially if we sign Atsu he is adequate back up on one wing, too.

Hopefully we get this sorted so in the summer Rafa can focus on strengthening our central midfield and defence along with a couple of back up players for depth.

This.

Duno if that has been posted, but in the express they say:

However, the deal could hinge on what sort of offer Rafa Benitez's side are willing to make.

Townsend wants to return to St James' Park on loan rather than commit to a side battling for Premier League promotion.

If it is him who only wants the loan, fuck that.