Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think long term Kennedy. But Townsend worked his ass of for Rafa when he was here.

And then fucked off as soon as he could. He was good here, but he's been and gone, why should he get another chance to play for us?

if rafa feels he left on good enough terms to want him back who cares?  i'd much rather have kenedy but townsend played very well under rafa the short time he was here

I think long term Kennedy. But Townsend worked his ass of for Rafa when he was here.

And then fucked off as soon as he could. He was good here, but he's been and gone, why should he get another chance to play for us?

Oh boy ...

So if he was such a mercenary and couldn't wait to be gone, please explain why Rafa would be bidding for this supposed reprehensible person?

Oh boy ...

So if he was such a mercenary and couldn't wait to be gone, please explain why Rafa would be bidding for this supposed reprehensible person?

Spot on, Rafa knas.

It's all horseshit mind.

if rafa feels he left on good enough terms to want him back who cares?  i'd much rather have kenedy but townsend played very well under rafa the short time he was here

Exactly, the guy almost kept us up :lol:

Unfortunately his play then attracted a lot of interest and his clause made it an inevitability that he would leave.

Now he's being painted as some villain. Extraordinary stuff.

Who’s to say we won’t be signing both Townsend and Kenedy?

:lol:

This is true also. Townsend played upfront and off the striker a fair bit last season.

Maybe Rafa likes the idea of him playing off a front man this time around.

Just need to let Rafa do his thing man. I'd just be excited he'll be getting someone he clearly likes a lot if this is true.

Oh boy ...

Because he's hamstrung by the board and he knows the player? I'm not saying he wouldnt be a pro here, I'm saying he made his bed. Fuck him. Can I remind you he fucked off Rafa Benitez for Alan Pardew? He's been a nothing player most of his career, played his best football for us, and then binned it off instantly?

Lies, all lies! :lol:

If he's spending £20 million on him, how can it be due to being hamstrung by the board?!

:lol:

Gone from moaning about no signings to moaning about spending £20 million on a player that has previously shone for us and who the manager likes.

An amazing turn of events :lol:

I have no problem with the way Townsend left the club. At that point he was in the England picture and wanted to keep himself there, and I think he handled the situation well in general, the way he spoke about the club and Rafa etc. While we have players like Colback still sat on the books drawing a wage for absolutely fuck all, I would find it difficult to criticise someone like Townsend for wanting to keep himself in international contention. He ran his balls off trying to keep us up, and if we had a few more like him we would have achieved it.

Simple. He only left so he could keep his England place. Its gone except Rafa almost had Shelvey and our Captain in the England squad this season so I guess playing for the manager that got you playing your best footy of your career and  the fact two of our players were considered are a bid pull factor. He is also a very good player.

Rafa clearly likes him and wants him since this'll be the second or third attempt to re-sign him.

Given the bugbear is that Benitez doesn't get to buy who he wants, spending £20m on someone who he obviously does want and rate would be a positive sign surely?

We were relegated guys. Decent players always go to the higher league if there is interest in them. Come off it!

Burnley-v-Crystal-Palace-Premier-League-Turf-Moor-51116.jpg

No getting past that like, it's a massive question mark against Townsend's character. Fuckin Pards  :idiot2:

He was a bit of a dick to leave, but tbh he flourished under Rafa, see no reason why he can't again. If we can get him for a decent fee, will be a good signing. If we could get Kenedy too, wow that would be a decent combo with Murphy and Atsu or Ritchie backing them up.

Rafa clearly likes him and wants him since this'll be the second or third attempt to re-sign him.

Given the bugbear is that Benitez doesn't get to buy who he wants, spending £20m on someone who he obviously does want and rate would be a positive sign surely?

I'd take it as so, but I refuse to get my hopes up. Still would prefer Kenedy, love the guy; younger and a better player imo.

Simple. He only left so he could keep his England place. Its gone except Rafa almost had Shelvey and our Captain in the England squad this season so I guess playing for the manager that got you playing your best footy of your career and  the fact two of our players were considered are a bid pull factor. He is also a very good player.

And did he keep that place?

is he? Based on what, certainly not his career so far.

No I said he lost it but again Southgate has his picks and Shelvey should have gone at least as an option IMO.

I watched Palace at home this season and other than Zaha he was the best attacking player on both sides. If they had a striker that day they would have won. As it happens a Merino goal saved us.