Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Polic thinks he's right (he is, on this occasion) all the time, mind. The arrogance sickens me.

Out of interest, what is it he's right about? You might well agree with him, but that doesn't make him right :lol:

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this s**** every day?

The same brigade were out in force when Shelvey was announced, one decent debut later and all of a sudden he's a decent addition? [emoji38] Seriously guys, while Townsend might not be Ben Arfa, he's a damn sight better than the other options we have in wide areas.

Based on?

Well for starters his ability to beat his man and get a cross in? [emoji38]

So nothing then? because he's never proven he can do that. Besides he's not better than Sissoko and Perez who currently occupy the wide positions.

He's left footed like. Even if he's been predominantly deployed on the right in the past, I don't see any reason why he can't get to the byline and cross a football on his stronger side. Bit too dismissive IMO to completely write this side of his game off when it hasn't been part of his remit for his previous clubs.

Doesn't mean anything, there's been plenty of "wingers" or fullbacks who are just not comfortable at talking people on and crossing but rather cut inside and shoot.

He's never shown anything to suggest he can do the things suggested and because he's left footed doesn't automatically make it the case.

It's not essential but I like this signing, but I think we'd all be pissed off if it meant no striker arriving. I just hope to hell we get one in too, and a shit hot one at that.

"As soon as I knew of Newcastle's interest they were the only club I wanted to join.

"Two of the biggest positions you can play in football are centre forward or left winger. I've got the chance to play one of those - I could never turn that down.

"I can't wait to play my first game at St James' Park, I'm excited!"

He'll have a point to prove, seeing as this is his 1st permanent transfer, fingers crossed.

The quote I saw had saying "was" instead of "were" and sounding like Pardew.

I don't think he's very good but will be very happy if he proves me wrong and proves to be our new messiah.

Polic thinks he's right (he is, on this occasion) all the time, mind. The arrogance sickens me.

[emoji38] [emoji38] This must be a joke, coming from yee like.

I'm not always right, I just can't be arsed with people slagging off the forum when people are rightfully cynical about most moves the club make, and generally put their points across pretty well. The merits of signing Townsend or Gomis is a football discussion and I don't think anyone is being needlessly negative in saying the money could be better spent elsewhere.

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this s**** every day?

The same brigade were out in force when Shelvey was announced, one decent debut later and all of a sudden he's a decent addition? [emoji38] Seriously guys, while Townsend might not be Ben Arfa, he's a damn sight better than the other options we have in wide areas.

Based on?

So nothing then? because he's never proven he can do that. Besides he's not better than Sissoko and Perez who currently occupy the wide positions.

He's left footed like. Even if he's been predominantly deployed on the right in the past, I don't see any reason why he can't get to the byline and cross a football on his stronger side. Bit too dismissive IMO to completely write this side of his game off when it hasn't been part of his remit for his previous clubs.

Well, that's the whole point we're making here :lol: He's never really been deployed on the left hand side, so we're spending a shit load of money (that could be better spend elsewhere) on a player we're not even sure is any good where we intend to play him.

Based on?

Doesn't mean anything, there's been plenty of "wingers" or fullbacks who are just not comfortable at talking people on and crossing but rather cut inside and shoot.

He's never shown anything to suggest he can do the things suggested and because he's left footed doesn't automatically make it the case.

He's perfectly capable of beating a man. He's got reasonable feet and he's certainly fast enough. And just because he's been played out on the right for Spurs doesn't automatically mean he can't cross a ball with his left. I'm not saying he's 'proven' so to speak, but there's absolutely no reason to suggest that he can't play like a functional left winger.

Based on?

Based on?

Well, that's the whole point we're making here[emoji38]He's never really been deployed on the left hand side, so we're spending a shit load of money (that could be better spend elsewhere) on a player we're not even sure is any good where we intend to play him.

Similar to Saivet to an extent who's only played central midfield for 6 months.

More than happy to have another good option in a wide position. He's got pace too, which is a massive bonus. Real pace anarl not like Thauvin's pace.

Him and Sissoko either side should make us effective on the counter.