C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-27

Alan Pardew’s bitterness

Cheered by Leicester’s rise are you? Think it’s a good story for the game in need of one? Impressed by their performances under pressure and resolve? Then you aren’t Alan Pardew.

‘Unlike Leicester we have been unfortunate to lose key players for long periods,’ Pardew wrote in his programme notes ahead of Crystal Palace’s home game against Claudio Ranieri’s team. ‘Today’s opponents have been awarded 10 penalties this season, which is double the total of any other team.’

This is why Pardew is so difficult to root for, and his slumps enjoyed by supporters across the country. He sounds like a man who would tell his children Father Christmas doesn’t exist just so he could take credit for buying the presents.

Crystal Palace DNA

“I genuinely came back to Crystal Palace because the DNA of how I wanted to run a club and what I wanted to do, would fit me much better” – Alan Pardew, December 2015.

“We had to sit ourselves down at half-time and take away the tyre that we were dragging behind us after five defeats. Make no mistake, it was Crystal Palace DNA which got us home by getting blocks in at the end. We thwarted a Swansea side who are in good form, so it makes it a little bit more sweet that we managed to pull it back” – Pardew, February 2016.

“This team’s DNA has been to fight, to battle, to scrap, and we didn’t do that in the first half there. That was the most disturbing thing. It was uncharacteristic, but that will worry our fans” – Pardew, February 2016.

“I thought we played a fairly measured game in the second half, so that was a good sign. We certainly had more of a Crystal Palace threat in the second half than we had in the first half. That’s what will get us out of it, our DNA” – Pardew, March 19.

There are therefore two explanations for Palace’s run of two points from their last 33 available:

1) Pardew’s DNA, an inability to address a slump, is more powerful than Palace’s own DNA.

2) Palace’s manager is talking a load of old guff.

3ef102dc526b54ee4ae314141f473c23.jpg

They don't like him there do they?

Guest firetotheworks

That's up there with the description of Kanye West as being someone who would 'sing a lullaby to his daughter and then get mad when she falls asleep during his performance'

The main stream media are also starting to stick the boot in.

From the Guardian:

Pardew needs to focus his energies on arresting slump

It is some time since Alan Pardew verbally abused an opposition manager or physically assaulted an opposition player but that shortest of fuses is undoubtedly still there. It could be seen in the way Pardew reacted in the immediate aftermath of Liverpool’s 2-1 victory over Crystal Palace on 6 March and by the fact he dedicated a large portion of his programme notes for Saturday’s visit of Leicester City to the contentious penalty which earned the Merseysiders all three points. Two weeks have passed and he still cannot let it go, with Jamie Carragher getting criticised for “stating Christian Benteke was right to go down”. “Would Carragher have had the same opinion if Wilf Zaha had gone down in the box in the 94th minute of a massive match at Anfield?” Pardew went on to ask. “I suspect not, but loyalties can blur opinion at times.” Carragher’s reaction on Twitter to those comments summed up the mood of many – “wow!” – and there is no escaping the sense that Palace’s poor form (Saturday’s 1-0 defeat makes it 13 league games without a win for the London side) is getting to their manager, which could also be seen in his sharp response to an innocuous question from a journalist at the weekend. Asked if the international break offers his players a welcome change from their difficult environment at club level, he snapped back: “There’s nothing wrong with our environment.” Pardew may well have a point regarding Liverpool’s penalty and being tough with journalists is certainly no crime (many would actively encourage it), but the 54-year-old would be better served focusing his energies on halting Palace’s continuing slide towards the bottom three. They looked woefully short of confidence and creativity against Leicester and the manager must rectify that before a daunting set of league fixtures, beginning with a visit to West Ham on 2 April. Pardew has often been criticised for lacking a plan when his teams are struggling. For Palace’s sake he needs to prove the doubters wrong and staying calm and focused will only help in that regard.

Alan Pardew’s bitterness

Cheered by Leicester’s rise are you? Think it’s a good story for the game in need of one? Impressed by their performances under pressure and resolve? Then you aren’t Alan Pardew.

‘Unlike Leicester we have been unfortunate to lose key players for long periods,’ Pardew wrote in his programme notes ahead of Crystal Palace’s home game against Claudio Ranieri’s team. ‘Today’s opponents have been awarded 10 penalties this season, which is double the total of any other team.’

This is why Pardew is so difficult to root for, and his slumps enjoyed by supporters across the country. He sounds like a man who would tell his children Father Christmas doesn’t exist just so he could take credit for buying the presents.

Crystal Palace DNA

“I genuinely came back to Crystal Palace because the DNA of how I wanted to run a club and what I wanted to do, would fit me much better” – Alan Pardew, December 2015.

“We had to sit ourselves down at half-time and take away the tyre that we were dragging behind us after five defeats. Make no mistake, it was Crystal Palace DNA which got us home by getting blocks in at the end. We thwarted a Swansea side who are in good form, so it makes it a little bit more sweet that we managed to pull it back” – Pardew, February 2016.

“This team’s DNA has been to fight, to battle, to scrap, and we didn’t do that in the first half there. That was the most disturbing thing. It was uncharacteristic, but that will worry our fans” – Pardew, February 2016.

“I thought we played a fairly measured game in the second half, so that was a good sign. We certainly had more of a Crystal Palace threat in the second half than we had in the first half. That’s what will get us out of it, our DNA” – Pardew, March 19.

There are therefore two explanations for Palace’s run of two points from their last 33 available:

1) Pardew’s DNA, an inability to address a slump, is more powerful than Palace’s own DNA.

Brilliant

Getting more and more convinced as each day passes that he's going to relegate them.

I wish I could agree but the way they play they'll scrape a 1-0 win or two from somewhere. While that horrendous style of football doesn't win many games, it can get you the odd win and a few draws.

He looked broken in his post match interviews, you could see the beads of sweat.  His ego can't take the pressure, I remember him saying earlier on in the season "well there's a reason we are 5th in the division" what's the reason your team are now 16th and without a win in 2016 Al??

He knows his utterly s*** patter and excuses are starting to wear very thin.  They've got tough games as well coming up but it doesn't really matter who they play at the moment, he doesn't have an answer or a clue what to do in order to turn it around.

His mask has slipped and the result is absolutely beautiful.  Wrighty reckoned they would get Europe man  :lol:

Alan Pardew’s bitterness

Crystal Palace DNA

This guy seems like one of the better journalists going at the moment.

I'm surprised at how quickly it turned to shit for him at Palace. This is exactly like his time here, just happening in a shorter period of time. Would be funny as fuck if they're relegated this season after the start they had. No wins in 2016 ffs :lol: