C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

Howay Ron man, there is no way Sir Bobby said that. Beardsley said he did to try and raise a cheap laugh, only it backfired that evening as boos and other dissent quickly followed. I'm all for making light of a situation, but he was using the good name of Sir Bobby and his honour to try and paint him as this selfish, me myself and I character on the back of a very solemn and hurtful night, all to get a laugh. This was a man who picked him for England. And then there was the snide remarks about KK, a man that brought him back to the club he couldn't wait to fuck off from and played in his own testimonial. I know KK was hurt about his remarks.

I used to love him as a player and up until the Sir Bobby comments I had no real issue with him as a person or a character. Back then I attended a lot of talk-ins and was trying to get into coaching so kind of got to know a few things about him from real and genuine people.

Stop him for an autograph and he's all smiles and willing to talk and sign stuff. Get him in a room at a paid gig with a few blokes drinking a beer or two and the real Beardsley comes out to play. Arrogant, mouthy, disrespectful and false.

Again I can't stand the bloke. He's made from the same cloth as Pardew, a snide fraud.

Think what you want, mate. He did a kind and selfless thing for a family member a few years back well away from any publicity and was always extremely generous with his time from what I saw as a kid. Not to mention the fact he's arguably our greatest player in recent memory. Pardew ffs. You should be ashamed of yourself for such daft comparisons, like.

Beardsley was the nicest player I met as a kid. (Keegan was lovely too on a brief encounter). Wanted a photo but didn't have a camera so he took the effort of taking my address and sent me a signed one in the post. Also remembering him in his cartaking the time to chat to me and my dad when the West Ham match got postponed. Numerous other little things - signing my video and that. Was just proper nice to a kid who appreciated it so much.

Whenever I've met Sir Pedro, he has been top, top, top class but I've been to a few talk-ins with him and as HTT said, I was completely shocked at how he spoke about KK and how overboard he went to defend Ashley. He caused uproar at one of them as Ashley had just a few days earlier dropped one of his usual ridiculous clangers and Pedro defended him to the hilt whilst every punter there slated him!

I mean ultimately the Ashley and football opinions stuff is secondary, it would be great if he wasn't like that but it doesn't define him as a man, the way he treats people does and he seems to be impeccable when it comes to that.

Guest firetotheworks

How can someone pretend to be nice in public, but not at talk-ins, which are attended by the public? [emoji38] Absolutely no logic to that argument.

I can't say I know the bloke personally, and his defense of Ashley royally pisses me off, but that's mainly because whenever I've met him he's been sound, and because he's the best player I've seen in black and white.

I met him as an 11 year old in Benton ASDA and he was extremely polite, signed my Simpsons comic as well. Came across as a lovely bloke to a starstruck young kid.

Mind I do have family friends that 'know' him and they say pretty much the same things that HTT is saying in that he's a lick-arse and a backstabber who will do anything to get what he wants.

I have to agree with HTT to an extent. He's a complete arsehole at talk ins, especially when it comes to talking about Mike Ashley. He always wants to shoot straight off as well, doesn't seem to have much time for talking with others even in small venues.

Beardsley knows more about what goes on at this club under Ashley than anyone else nar the man himself. He probably sees both sides, and just feels he needs to say what he has to as people aren't as privy to what he knows. He's not the brightest so comes out a bit wrong, then people get on his back so he's defending his opinion and what he knows which unfortunately doesn't fit the public perception.

I've met him, he's a normal bloke who can say the wrong thing, be selfish, be abrupt. He's not fake and is totally honest whether that opinion matches what you think. Can't knock him for that. Comparing him to pardew is tragic like. :(

Beardsley knows more about what goes on at this club under Ashley than anyone else nar the man himself. He probably sees both sides, and just feels he needs to say what he has to as people aren't as privy to what he knows. He's not the brightest so comes out a bit wrong, then people get on his back so he's defending his opinion and what he knows which unfortunately doesn't fit the public perception.

I've met him, he's a normal bloke who can say the wrong thing, be selfish, be abrupt. He's not fake and is totally honest whether that opinion matches what you think. Can't knock him for that. Comparing him to pardew is tragic like. :(

I think that sums it up basically. He's employed by Ashley at the end of the day, he's going to defend him whether he agrees with him or not. I'm sure there are loads of people who don't like their employer or think the sun shines out of their arse, but publicly they aren't going to say so. I think it's unfair to judge someone on the base of what they say at a public event. HTT going way OTT as usual.

Goes at it like a ravenous dog for peanut butter iirc

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/disgust/picgifs-disgust-6560751.gif

:lol: :lol:

Is that the new Mass Effect?

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not going to pretend he's a good guy simply because he was a great player. Everything I've learned of him first-hand and from others tells me he's a slime ball. Ask other players what they think of him and former academy players...

Guest Howaythetoon

Can't think what biases former academy players might have.

There are plenty who never made it but have nowt but good things to say about their former coaches, their time at their former club and indeed their about their former club even long after leaving.

I get it you rate the guy, good on you. I don't. Lets just leave it at that.

Beardsley is simply making a living the best he can. He has a good gig at Nufc and isn't going to rock the boat. Plenty people in plenty jobs do the same thing everyday. He's never going to be a pundit, he lacks charisma and isn't that bright. Good luck to him just don't take what he says seriously.

As for his career;  nobody turned Liverpool down, they were a fantastic side and no wonder he'll talk about them. He was a brilliant player and you'd struggle to find any player enjoy playing more. He took his brother Ronnie all over the world to see him play.

Let's be honest, once he leaves Nufc that's him done, yes he should be a very rich man but I doubt he's ready to pack up work just now. God knows how much he make if he was still playing.