C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

:lol:

Yeah, it's me, nothing more than just creating a bit of space between real-life and forum name!

The Reading game was my breaking point IIRC, with his absolutely insane substitutions. 

In my defence I didn't know much about tactics and all that back then. Since seeing managers like Benitez and Howe, where you can actually see their thought processes at work on the pitch, I'd like to think I'd wake up to Pards a bit more quickly.

17 minutes ago, Adam P said:

I cant imagine anyone who doesnt want to wake up to Pards, the absolute fanny magnet. 

I don’t.

His blubbery, lipless mouth scares me, it’s like some kind of creature out of the Cthulhu mythos. Using his darting tongue to wet them all the time like he’s licking a wound. 

1 hour ago, Adam P said:

The most brazen amateur tactics and strategy you could hope to see. Talks as if the Carrick-Giggs midfield with a combined age of about 104 was prime Busquets-Xavi. Of curse Cabaye and Tiote could match them! They’d dominate that midfield in the right setup 

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

Only 2 wins in 7 but the weather is nice and the ladies are lush. 

I see young Eddie has you in 4th. Remember when we got 5th and that quarter final. See ya later lads. 

You got that 20 quid you owe me?  Also, might have a job for you soon.

On 15/09/2022 at 10:00, HawK said:

For what it's worth, that season was one of the most difficult seasons I've had supporting Newcastle in my 30 years I've been following the team. I could see with my own eyes how badly we were set up, how the players themselves were almost in disbelief that they were winning games in the way they did. Drogba's reaction to Cissé's goal said everything to me. I had to smile and nod around fellow fans who extolled the virtues of the great Alan Pardew. Then I had to come on here and read about how well we were doing, with Alan Pardew rebranded as 'Alain Depardieux' etc. I can't think of a good methaphor to compare it to, but it was almost like the honeymoon period in the Simpsons when Springfield gets the monorail. You just couldn't tell people it was down to luck and individual player ability, and not down to the manager. I remember standing in Turf Moor on a very cold weekday October/November night, and I couldn't even cheer when we scored. I'd said to my mate next to me, 'watch as we ping long balls all game and give it away, and then we're gonna fluke one', and then it happened. He turned to cheer with me and I was just there with my hands in my pockets, shaking my head. Then I watched Mehdi Abeid take about 9 shots from between the D and the half-way line. Great tactical instruction that, I mean at some point the keeper will drop it or it'll deflect off a defender for a corner, but he skied them all so never mind.

The following seasons it all inevitably unravelled, and I remember famously the day that one of Alan Pardew's most loyal supporters switched sides and saw the truth, the brave Ian W (don't know if he changed username I can't seem to @ him). I really enjoyed our debates and he ended up being the 1 man on a entire forum calling him crazy, and every day he still logged in and gave as good as he got :lol:

Also, only measuring a player's ability by how well he does at clubs after they've left is beyond insane. So because the following players didn't tear it up at their next club after leaving here, they mustn't have been very good when they were here?

Beardsley

Lee

Ferdinand

Batty

Albert

Barton

Ben Arfa

Robert

Woodgate

Blast from the past reading. I identified with a lot of it, especially the suspicion that we had somehow fluked 5th place despite having an absolute clown in charge.

• 3 months later...
32 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

Lads… I’ve been sacked. Any jobs available?

Lets so now

You're arrogant

You've failed at every job you've ever had in football

You made a tit out of yourself at a cup final....

you could replace Greame Souness when he retires as an expert

Might get some flack on this but Pardew imo gets far too much stick given how highly Rafa is thought of. I know that it went down hill in the end but that season was arguably some of best away days i've been on including Brugge and Bordeux and that season we played liquid football.

I get he comes across a cock at times but with what he was working with 5th place was very impressive.