C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

On 15/09/2022 at 11:37, greydos said:

The most brazen amateur tactics and strategy you could hope to see. Talks as if the Carrick-Giggs midfield with a combined age of about 104 was prime Busquets-Xavi. Of curse Cabaye and Tiote could match them! They’d dominate that midfield in the right setup 

Some proper PFM magic in that vid. Basically keep it tight at the back and lump some long balls up to a big striker.

3 minutes ago, 1964 said:

He was spawny as hell that season, we seemed to have so many last minute winners it was untrue.  That might be a thing in itself but we were pretty lucky as I recall

Not really we won 9 away games that year, and very little investment.

11 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Might get some flack on this but Pardew imo gets far too much stick given how highly Rafa is thought of. I know that it went down hill in the end but that season was arguably some of best away days i've been on including Brugge and Bordeux and that season we played liquid football.

I get he comes across a cock at times but with what he was working with 5th place was very impressive. 

Also finished 10th and left us in 9th, got to a Europa league quarter final , people will say he had good players but it's the job of a manager to get the best out of them players, look how it all fell apart when he left and he was working under the exact same conditions as any other Ashley manager but out performed them all, I get why he isn't liked but it's hard to argue with our league positions under him. 

He was a total dickhead, essentially had the character of a politician (a grubby one), never taking any responsibility himself and bigging up his own achievements. It’s been done to death in here but the football we played that season was actually awful for large stretches and I said it at the time on here. We had several players who were in the form of their lives all at the same time. Fair play to him that he got a 5th placed finish but if you look at both our football that season and his managerial record, you can see it was a massive outlier 

13 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Might get some flack on this but Pardew imo gets far too much stick given how highly Rafa is thought of. I know that it went down hill in the end but that season was arguably some of best away days i've been on including Brugge and Bordeux and that season we played liquid football.

I get he comes across a cock at times but with what he was working with 5th place was very impressive. 

Get in the sea, man.

Wasn't there a TED talk done by someone now involved with Brentford who pretty much confirmed we were fucking lucky in that 5th season?

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Also finished 10th and left us in 9th, got to a Europa league quarter final , people will say he had good players but it's the job of a manager to get the best out of them players, look how it all fell apart when he left and he was working under the exact same conditions as any other Ashley manager but out performed them all, I get why he isn't liked but it's hard to argue with our league positions under him. 

Exactly my point...can't argue with his results given how we never invested.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Get in the sea, man.

Wasn't there a TED talk done by someone now involved with Brentford who pretty much confirmed we were fucking lucky in that 5th season?

A well that means we never finished 5th then as it was lucky... since Ashley came we were relagated twice (would of been 3 times if wasnt for new owners).

Regardless if he is cock in the circumstances he did decent job.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

He had the best squad ever assembled under Ashley. He’s probably still the manager I hate the most from my lifetime supporting the club. I know some have gone for Bruce these days but it’s still Pardew for me

Aye but tbf he bought in Cabaye for 4m and Ba and Cisse. Again he is a cock but fuck me we had Mclaren and John Carver who were fucking crap in comparison

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Might be my last post in here for a while as I hate these sorts of circular debates where no one has any intention to change their opinion but did you watch all our matches that season? 

Went to 14 of the away games and 3 Europa league games. Remember a 1-0 away at sunderland, wins at chelsea and man united as great days out.

Edited by NUFC91

2 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Aye but tbf he bought in Cabaye for 4m and Ba and Cisse. Again he is a cock but fuck me we had Mclaren and John Carver who were fucking crap in comparison

He had absolutely nothing to do with either Cabaye or Cisse signing though, that was Carr.

8 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

A well that means we never finished 5th then as it was lucky... since Ashley came we were relagated twice (would of been 3 times if wasnt for new owners).

Regardless if he is cock in the circumstances he did decent job.

This tells you all you need to know tbh.

I don't think we did score that many late winners did we? Off the top of my head the only last minute goal I can remember was the equaliser against Sunderland.

History has been curiously rewritten here about 2011/12. If detractors from other clubs had been saying it at the time they would have been hammered by our lot and rightly so. It was a very good season.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

This tells you all you need to know tbh.

Not really mate, he actually did a talk at our sales conference. 

You create your own luck imo, that season we finished 5th and was our best season since Sir Bobby. I thinl Pardew is a cock yes but that season i enjoyed watching Newcastle...i sure alot of fans did?

2 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

I don't think we did score that many late winners did we? Off the top of my head the only last minute goal I can remember was the equaliser against Sunderland.

History has been curiously rewritten here about 2011/12. If detractors from other clubs had been saying it at the time they would have been hammered by our lot and rightly so. It was a very good season.

Exactly my point... when you win 9 away games i think its not look and was good season

Just now, gbandit said:

I said all through that season that we were lucky as fuck and our football was awful. The general consensus on here was “it doesn’t matter because we’re picking up points and wins”.

Im sorry but you can't of watched us that season if you think our football was crap... it was best football we played (minus Howe Era) since ashley came in

4 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Im sorry but you can't of watched us that season if you think our football was crap... it was best football we played (minus Howe Era) since ashley came in

And had absolutely nothing to do with Cock Piss.

Still of the opinion we got there in spite of him.  The team we had was tremendous.   Loved it over Bruges and enjoyed the team doing well but with him towing the line for Ashley it was all ultimately pointless as fuck. 

Pardew can fuck off. 

Edited by Wilson

Just now, NUFC91 said:

We played excellent for a short period March-April when Pardew used the 4-3-3 with Ba-Cisse-HBA up top. Then Wigan trashed us 4-0 and it was never to be seen again. The good results beginning of the season were jammy as fuck with 1 goal wins using a defensive 4-4-2.

39 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Not really we won 9 away games that year, and very little investment.

Why do we have to do this every year or two?

Yes we finished 5th. Yes we won games. But we were incredibly lucky and if XG was a thing then, ours would've been terrible. We were outplayed by almost everyone and fluked loads of our points. 

We did well in spite of Pardew, not because of him, with some amazing players signed on his behalf by Carr.