Seydou Doumbia

sempuki

Not having the comparison to Cisse physically at all. You will be proved wrong.

Far more pacy, athletic and strong. He is a good signing and we will all see it for ourselves soon enough.

I think he has declined a lot. Have you seen him for Roma? He played like he's afraid to over-stretch. Much like Duff and Owen were for us.

Still, can't say I'd be unhappy if we signed him on loan. He's an experienced goal scorer after all. Hopefully, he'll take the chance to restart his career here.

No idea what Roma were playing at, but I'm not too concerned about that period. Italian league is so different, as it is much more defensive and there isn't the kind of space he would have been used to. Doesn't seem they gave him much game time to adjust either.

I like that he went back to CSKA and picked up right where he left off, and continued banging them in, in the champion's league, and did so consistently against top prem teams.

Guest Howaythetoon

We need a proven PL goalscorer or we are going down.

Who would you go for?

I would have offered 20m to Chelsea for Remy

Not having the comparison to Cisse physically at all. You will be proved wrong.

Far more pacy, athletic and strong. He is a good signing and we will all see it for ourselves soon enough.

I think he has declined a lot. Have you seen him for Roma? He played like he's afraid to over-stretch. Much like Duff and Owen were for us.

Still, can't say I'd be unhappy if we signed him on loan. He's an experienced goal scorer after all. Hopefully, he'll take the chance to restart his career here.

No idea what Roma were playing at, but I'm not too concerned about that period. Italian league is so different, as it is much more defensive and there isn't the kind of space he would have been used to. Doesn't seem they gave him much game time to adjust either.

I like that he went back to CSKA and picked up right where he left off, and continued banging them in, in the champion's league, and did so consistently against top prem teams.

Aye most strikers who rely on space will struggle in Italy due to how they defend, he'll see a lot more of it here so I'm not concerned about that.

We need a proven PL goalscorer or we are going down.

Who would you go for?

I would have offered 20m to Chelsea for Remy

Aye, cos he would choose us over Leicester...

Pretty much the most depressing thing posted in the last few months.

doesn't seem owt flash from his goal scoring stats.

Craig bellamy's stats were rubbish too.

Jamie Vardy took something like twenty appearances to get his second PL goal. Not that that's something we could afford our striker could do from now on.

I just hope new arrivals don't mean disastrous tactical tinkering like the last game against Watford. It wiped out the positives from the Man U and West Ham games.

doesn't seem owt flash from his goal scoring stats.

His goalscoring stats are the one thing that sticks out about him. Other than the brief time at Rome. Averages a goal around every 110 minutes I read.

Talking of that people keep talking about how badly he did at Roma. In the 13 games he played, 4 of those appearances were 8 minutes or less. Another 3 were under 24 minutes. So basically 2 goals in 6 normal games. Ignoring that one of those he also played right wing apparently.

Context is important if you're going off about stats. Doesnt sound like hes had much of a chance there atall & his champions league record against top sides looks superb to me.

The same sort of arguments Marseille fans could be making in Thauvin's favour about now?

Thauvin wasnt excelling previously though, so not really no. Saying that, theres still an argument to be had that hes not had a chance here yeah. Let alone if he'd had a couple of assists in his few chances as Doumbia has goals in his few starts at Roma.

Re tactical tinkering: what do people reckon?

2-3-1?

Colback Shelvey

Sissoko Townsend

Wijnaldum

Doumbia or Mitrovic?

JJS, GW, AT, & MS are nailed on. Can't see us playing without two central/holding MFDs and & JC is the likely 'other'. So no 'shirt' for AP or potentially AM?