Seydou Doumbia

sempuki

Thought he looked decent, albeit only for ten mins.

McClaren was probably right to go for the more proven Riviere while it was still 0-0 tbf. Better to be safe than sorry.

I'm concerned about your idea of 'proven'. You need to elaborate.

Riviere has that vital season's experience of fluffing chances in the premier. Doumbia with his dodgy CL pedigree abroad might have been too much of a risk.

Excellent, thought you were going bonkers for a moment.

Thought he looked decent, albeit only for ten mins.

McClaren was probably right to go for the more proven Riviere while it was still 0-0 tbf. Better to be safe than sorry.

I'm concerned about your idea of 'proven'. You need to elaborate.

Riviere has that vital season's experience of fluffing chances in the premier. Doumbia with his dodgy CL pedigree abroad might have been too much of a risk.

Excellent, thought you were going bonkers for a moment.

:lol: I thought you were playing along...

Wasn't just the shot he brought some much needed creativity and inventiveness in the box. There was one little flick that nearly put in Perez that Mitro could only dream of.

Truly astonishing he left it so late to bring him on and must start on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't even seen this guy touch the ball yet, is he terrible or why has he only had like 9 minutes on the pitch so far?

He's pretty good from what (little, admittedly) I've seen of him in the CL. In those 9 minutes he did have our best chance in that game and produced a decent attempt. Definitely worth a try I would say.

Haven't even seen this guy touch the ball yet, is he terrible or why has he only had like 9 minutes on the pitch so far?

He's pretty good from what (little, admittedly) I've seen of him in the CL. In those 9 minutes he did have our best chance in that game and produced a decent attempt. Definitely worth a try I would say.

Was this the one Butland saved? Was our best effort that night.

Was this the one Butland saved? Was our best effort that night.

Aye

He really must be shite if he's still not getting in the side ahead of Mitrovic, like. Mitro's abilities in terms of holding the ball up don't really outweigh his compete lack of instinct in front of goal. I'd be up for trying Doumbia if only to confirm that he is indeed shite.