Saido Berahino stays at West Brom

TK-421

They absolutely won't get more for him than this window. Comes down to his value to them playing from now to season end, the, the value of him not playing for someone else and a large dose of Pearce's personal pride.

Again I don't think this will be accepted or close, otherwise it wouldn't have broken, he would be on his way. Club trying to force west broms hand, it won't work. It still boils down to a petty game between agent/berahino and pearce trying to let everyone his club has balls, even if it costs him 5-10m in the process.

Smells like a 'at least we tried' effort

Will people keep stopping with this s***.

We ARE trying because we don't want to get relegated. You would have to be a right idiot to think they are sitting around making "fake bids".

Do it in the middle of the window then, not right in the end when it's likely to not accepted and you know that going in and the only reason to do it is make it look like you are trying.

I'm sorry but if they were serious but they wouldn't wait till the deadline for some one who is out of favour anyway.

Eh? Why would you put your top offer in the middle of the window? Makes sense for both sides to wait it out tbh

Only reason for West Brom not to is if they were determined to replace him if sold as he's a key player so they'd need to replace that. But hes not been for them this season. They're in no worse situation if they sell the lad, bar maybe losing a disruptive influence supposedly.

That's the point though, this is apparently our top offer and don't plan to go no further. West Brom have already stated they want more, if we were serious we would go the extra mile to make sure we got him like most serious, ambitious football clubs do.

We ARE trying because we don't want to get relegated. You would have to be a right idiot to think they are sitting around making "fake bids".

Do it in the middle of the window then, not right in the end when it's likely to not accepted and you know that going in and the only reason to do it is make it look like you are trying.

I'm sorry but if they were serious but they wouldn't wait till the deadline for some one who is out of favour anyway.

Eh? Why would you put your top offer in the middle of the window? Makes sense for both sides to wait it out tbh

Only reason for West Brom not to is if they were determined to replace him if sold as he's a key player so they'd need to replace that. But hes not been for them this season. They're in no worse situation if they sell the lad, bar maybe losing a disruptive influence supposedly.

That's the point though, this is apparently our top offer and don't plan to go no further. West Brom have already stated they want more, if we were serious we would go the extra mile to make sure we got him like most serious, ambitious football clubs do.

You would be mint at negotiating.

How much do you want?

Ill give you 35.

You would be mint at negotiating.

How much do you want?

Ill give you 35.

Aye because our negotiators are doing such a bang up job :lol:

Even though it's money we can easily spend and even though it's money we'll easily make back purely by being in the division, I wonder if another relegation battle is prompting a slight change of tack at board level. We can't keep aiming for 17th or he'll just end up having to spend more than he wants in order to simply survive. Wishful thinking, perhaps.

Perhaps we don't want to pay 25m+ on him. Hardly surprising.

Yet West Brom have already stated they want at least that, thus " we tried " they know this hasn't got a hope in hell of being accepted but it will still be seen as a piece of positive PR.

I might be less of BS practice if they didn't wait till the very last minute to offer something substantial like they constantly do.

We're hardly going to offer them £21m with a little "p.s we'll actually go higher" attached :lol:

One of the local rags already said this is our final bid, with West Brom already said they want more before the bid even went in. You'll have to forgive me if i'm just a little bit skeptical.