Everton 3-0 Newcastle United - 03/02/16 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Greg

Makes you wonder how long Ashley will wait until he presses the panic button, and sacks McClaren. Said to a mate of mine today, that we should be looking for 4 points from Everton and West Brom..... as it is, I said we'd maybe's get 1 - a draw on Saturday.

Simply not good enough.

I tell you what lads why don't we try to slowly work the ball to Janmaat and hope him and Sissoko magically get out of a tight corner?

Bet SMC doesn't make a sub at HT because he's just been forced to use one

Makes you wonder how long Ashley will wait until he presses the panic button, and sacks McClaren. Said to a mate of mine today, that we should be looking for 4 points from Everton and West Brom..... as it is, I said we'd maybe's get 1 - a draw on Saturday.

Simply not good enough.

Never.

None seem to be playing for each other. Pass the ball, relax, lose ball, chase ball, after 20-50 Everton passes get ball, pass ball, relax, lose ball etc etc.

Follow up with some intent without the ball to give some passing options! I bet we set up to counter attack with as few touches as possible by relying on Sissoko and Townsend to carry the ball. Everton is not letting us carry the ball so we need to be set up differently in the 2nd half.

That was really bad and there weren't a lot of encouraging signs to hang any hope on. We look clueless in possession, terrified of being pressed, lethargic when it comes to movement or showing for a pass and abysmal at the back. -5/7.

Saivet has been our best player I reckon, we just can't keep a hold of the ball. Sissoko has done nowt on the right and gini has been crowded out entirely.

We need Mitro on at the very least, unsure who for though.

Shelvey has been an embarassment! Game has completely bypassed him.

I don't think Townsend has been too bad, certainly not one of our worst performers.

His movement is good, but without a left back giving him a pass and move option, he's too easy to defend against. As usual, none of our midfield or attackers come short to him either.

Perez - Hang out to dry

Sissoko - Not bothered

Gini - Nothing

Townsend - Fast. Cant kick a ball.

Saivet - Did his job

Shelvey - Nothing

Janmaat - Our best/only attacking outlet today

Awful 45 minutes.

Well that was shite, we had a game plan to frustrate them, it worked until the goal, then we needed to adapt and didnt. Perez up top isn't working bring on Doumbia or Mitro on please.

None seem to be playing for each other. Pass the ball, relax, lose ball, chase ball, after 20-50 Everton passes get ball, pass ball, relax, lose ball etc etc.

Follow up with some intent without the ball to give some passing options! I bet we set up to counter attack with as few touches as possible by relying on Sissoko and Townsend to carry the ball. Everton is not letting us carry the ball so we need to be set up differently in the 2nd half.

Our tempo is noticeably slower in away games. Probably instructions from island head.

Saivet has been our best player I reckon, just can't keep a hold of the ball. Sissoko has done nowt on the right and gini has been crowded out entirely.

We need Mitro on at the very least, unsure who for though.

Gini has been too static, he's doing his usual away performance of disappearing. TBF the way the team plays doesn't help like.

Think we've been pretty good tbh, just not quite clicking for us.

:lol: I don't think you've been negative once since Denver made it.

I'm so afraid. :lol:

:lol: The better a game looks for a neutral, the worse it is to be a fan of one of the teams, imo.

As a neutral (Fuck Wade Phillips with Dyson's dick) this game looks tremendous.