Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 13/2/16 @ 5:30pm (Live on Sky Sports)

Nobody

------------------Elliot-------

Janmaat--Mbemba--Colo--Colback

--------Shelvey------Tiote------

Sissoko----Perez----Townsend

--------------Mitrovic---------------

As people are already aware Wijnaldum has not been so shiit hot away from home, so Id drop him as a little reminder. Perez to push up closer to Mitro in attack and drop back a little when we are on the defensive.

Id drop him for the fact he hasnt looked like scoring away from home.. bring him on in the second half.

Given our sit back and play for a draw bullshit I'm not surprised he hasn't either.

I agree its crazy.. giving teams who are not doing very well all the possession is asking for trouble. But I still think every player needs a reminder once in a while.

It probabaly wont happen anyways... I just think Perez and Mitrovic will cause Chelsea more trouble tomorrow.

As I said earlier in the thread, rather than drop Wij for being ineffectual away from home, why don't we keep our home tactics and give him a chance to be the player he us at home? Chopping and changing between home and away is the real problem. Stick with what we know and what works and we'll start to see better results.

It's not as easy as just playing like we do at SJP. Chelsea will have the ball.

IMO we should drop Gini deeper, allowing him to pick the ball up further back and adding another player who can win possession in the middle.

We won't create anything unless we can win the ball. We should be looking to win the ball off their centre halves FWIW. Who will be playing instead of Zouma?

Elliott

Janmatt

Taylor

Collo

Colback

Tiote

Shelvey

Sissoko

Wiji

Townsend

Mitro

Heart says we will put in a performance similar to Arsenal away but take our chances and win 2-1

Head says we will put in a performance similar to Arsenal away and again miss our chances and lose 2-0.

Steve McClaren

“It is a problem (picking up points away from home) we have had all season, it is down to the way we play, we tend to play on the front foot.

“Which is good when you are at home, but away we have been exposed, and haven’t ground out enough results.

“If two or three of our away games had been draws then we would have ground out a few more points and we would be in a slightly better situation.

“It is something we need to address because we can’t afford to rely on our home form because then the pressure on those games will just become too much.

“In our home games we are starting to get a consistency in our performance and the way we play.

“We need to start transferring that to our away games and picking up points away from home, we owe it to the fans.”

Ehm.. is it not more of a problem we lets teams especially out of form have all the possession away from home??  :kasper: