Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 13/2/16 @ 5:30pm (Live on Sky Sports)

Nobody

Guess we will see Colback at LB.

As much as I hate Jack I'm not sure there's much to choose between any of the options at the moment.

At least at LB his back passes will be limited to Elliot.

But he usually pivots to the left to try and pass to Dummett. You should look for odds for more than 50 throw ins to Chelsea as he gets confused

:lol: he'll probably drill himself into the ground.

Our away performances have been so pitiful this season so I can't see anything other than a 2 or 3 goal defeat.

tbd we've played ok at the supposed big teams this season. Spurs, Arsenal, Man utd , Man city for a half. Just got to go to the bridge remembering Chelsea are the reigning champions and not a team closer to us than the champions league.

Carver after the game on Mourinho

He said to me, ‘if you keep playing like this you’ll get a five-year contract as Newcastle manager. It was nice. At the end of the game he said, ‘you deserve the job, you’re ready for it now. He said ‘I hope you get it’. We just laughed and he gave me another hug – he must have hugged me 10 times today. He kicked the ball at me once as well, but I didn’t react. I’ve calmed down now!”

I can only imagine he was saying it in the way you might say 'if your luck keeps up like this you' ll be having swimming lessons with Barrymore'.

Haven't Chelsea got a champions league fixture next week? I wonder how motivated they'll be to play given there season is effectively dead aside from that competition.

They'll still probably stroll to a win mind.

They've actually gone 11 games unbeaten or to put it another way haven't lost a game since Hiddink took over from Mourinho.

It's funny, these are the sort of games where we'd pull a surprise win out the bag, like against Spurs :lol:

We need to stop fucking "adapting" (but end up not doing so) to the opponents when we go away from home. It's one reason why Gini disappears, McClaren clearly massively alters his role when we're away. Just play our game (obviously not being too open) and we might finally get some points away. Reckon we could get a draw here if we did, but we wont. We'll try and sit back and hit them on the break. Gini will be playing on the edge of our box with the rest of the team, he'll be "invisible" and we'll lose like.. 3-0 after conceding in the first 10 minutes

We need to stop fucking "adapting" (but end up not doing so) to the opponents when we go away from home. It's one reason why Gini disappears, McClaren clearly massively alters his role when we're away. Just play our game (obviously not being too open) and we might finally get some points away. Reckon we could get a draw here if we did, but we wont. We'll try and sit back and hit them on the break. Gini will be playing on the edge of our box with the rest of the team, he'll be "invisible" and we'll lose like.. 3-0 after conceding in the first 10 minutes

This was one of my main gripes with Pardew, it was always about nullifying the opposition, limiting the damage and hoping someone pops up at the other end. At least with McClaren we've cut that out at home but he needs to start being braver away from home. Yes we need to be watchful of a team full of first class internationals but we should also be trying to impose our game on them. Fortune favours the brave so we need to stop being cowards and attempt to play actual football away from home, we may start picking up points because at the moment the cautious game is yielding us nothing.

We need to stop f***ing "adapting" (but end up not doing so) to the opponents when we go away from home. It's one reason why Gini disappears, McClaren clearly massively alters his role when we're away. Just play our game (obviously not being too open) and we might finally get some points away. Reckon we could get a draw here if we did, but we wont. We'll try and sit back and hit them on the break. Gini will be playing on the edge of our box with the rest of the team, he'll be "invisible" and we'll lose like.. 3-0 after conceding in the first 10 minutes

This was one of my main gripes with Pardew, it was always about nullifying the opposition, limiting the damage and hoping someone pops up at the other end. At least with McClaren we've cut that out at home but he needs to start being braver away from home. Yes we need to be watchful of a team full of first class internationals but we should also be trying to impose our game on them. Fortune favours the brave so we need to stop being cowards and attempt to play actual football away from home, we may start picking up points because at the moment the cautious game is yielding us nothing.

:thup:

Longing for our own philosophy. Instead of claiming we're 'brave' to have 2 strikers on the pitch late in the game whilst 3-0 down.