sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nissan is good for another 5 years at least. Too much current investment in to the site to move on.

They could go at anytime, all of the hardware just goes into packing crates and can be transported anywhere.

Nissan is good for another 5 years at least. Too much current investment in to the site to move on.

They could go at anytime, all of the hardware just goes into packing crates and can be transported anywhere.

None of this is true. Its taken 2.5 years of planning just to get a new press over and installed. That's 1 of 5 (off the top of my head)

The continued investment and expansion of the plant more than suggests they'll not do anything for some time yet. Like i say, 5 years time it might be different but its business as usual regardless of the Brexit result.

Also those effected most will be contractors, most of them are not from Sunderland...they'll be the first to go should the reduce the output.

Don't forget Nissan have a plant in Russia and those sanctions and trade issues are far far greater than anything the UK will experience of the next decade or so.

None of this is true. Its taken 2.5 years of planning just to get a new press over and installed. That's 1 of 5 (off the top of my head)

The continued investment and expansion of the plant more than suggests they'll not do anything for some time yet. Like i say, 5 years time it might be different but its business as usual regardless of the Brexit result.

Also those effected most will be contractors, most of them are not from Sunderland...they'll be the first to go should the reduce the output.

Don't forget Nissan have a plant in Russia and those sanctions and trade issues are far far greater than anything the UK will experience of the next decade or so.

5yrs isn't really that long given that any EU deal is at least 2 1/2 yrs away.

They wouldnt have to ship the plant physically, due to the Renault alliance they could use their French and Spanish facilities in a pretty short space of time.

If Junker, Tusk and Merkel do us over to send out a message they could impose crippling duties on exports to the EU. And If sunderland doesn't get the new quashqai, they're screwed as this basically means they're on a gradual wind-down to full closure. Which also screws a big part of Port of Tyne as the mackems couldn't sort their scruffy one-horse shithole to handle the capacity for export.

They wouldnt have to ship the plant physically, due to the Renault alliance they could use their French and Spanish facilities in a pretty short space of time.

If Junker, Tusk and Merkel do us over to send out a message they could impose crippling duties on exports to the EU. And If sunderland doesn't get the new quashqai, they're screwed as this basically means they're on a gradual wind-down to full closure. Which also screws a big part of Port of Tyne as the mackems couldn't sort their scruffy one-horse shithole to handle the capacity for export.

It just doesn't work like that, certainly not in any defined short space of time. I see every day how long it takes Nissan, especially the Alliance, to get anything done.  :lol: Unless the plant starts haemorrhaging money it'll be there till we don't need cars. As for the QQ, its going dual lines nevermind going to someone else. Renault have their rip off anyway.  :lol:

Another thing to note is the Sunderland plant is one of the best (efficiency & performance) plants under the alliance, that is due to the people who work there and you can't ship them in a box. ;)

Any negative impact of the brexit will be subsidised through tax relief imho. The impact of losing 30,000+ jobs in one region, losing the tax and delivering the benefits needed would mean the Government would step in at some point.

You can point at the steel industry, but that doesn't compare as its naturally dying to competition, not fucked over because of a ridiculous racist campaign (which ironically most of Sunderland voted for).

Fair do's....You seem to know a lot more about it than me. I still think sunderland - and many similar towns up and down the UK who have milked the EU dry -  are in for a rude awakening soon.

Anyway, back on topic - Sima, stop it man, you're kicking water uphill. RTG posters wayne the punk, Zig81, Karendent and about a dozen others seem to genuinely have learning difficulties, you're on a hiding to nothing mate.

I hope Sunderland are relegated.

However I have a different reason than most. I am a member of numerous clubs forums including Sunderland's SMB and it the worst forum in terms of layout and content that I have ever been on.

Every second thread there is about Newcastle and their small time attitude in this regard makes Man City fans look fair and non biased.

They are a small petty club and their fans vitriol and lack of education pours from every post on their forum.

The sooner they are relegated the better.

They also think they are a big club :lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:.

:lol:

Not having this. Sunderland are universally liked and respected throughout football . Plus everyone hates the mags. FTM

1997ers...

http://www.nufc.com/html/where-mackems.html

The year they won the First Division makes interesting reading:

mackems v Portsmouth

Division One 12/09/95

Attendance: 12,282

mackems v Crystal Palace

Division One 3/12/1995

Attendance: 12,777

(They went 2nd with a 1-0 win in this game)

mackems v Southend

Division One 9/9/1995

Attendance: 13,805

Of the 22 attendances in their promotion year, 17 of them were sub 20,000.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/sund.htm

Look at how their average attendance DOUBLE'S (from 17,000 to nearly 33,500) between 1996 and 1998. Then it goes up to 41,000 by 2000 and up again in 2001 to 46,000.

They couldn't even fill Joker Park for their promotion season in 95/96 (25,000 capacity) so it's not like they were selling out Joker Park just before they moved to the stadium of shite.

But we're the 1992ers?! ;D