sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Their next few games are the most crucial.

Millwall (H)

Villa (A)

Burton (A)

Reading (H)

If they are still in the relegation zone after those then they're pretty much doomed imo. Three of those are arguably relegation battles, although I can see Reading being safe especially after the weekend.

Loving this. :laugh:

If they've a new manager in they should beat Millwall. Even this lot arent shit enough to not get some sort of new manager bounce. The next three games could be loses though, one to Burton in particular will be damaging.

Are these damned for relegation yet? That result at the weekend would suggest they're gonna be down there like.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Bristol City (h)

Bolton (h)

Boro (a)

Millwall (h)

A more favourable set of fixtures coming up you could not imagine. If they're still in the relegation zone after that lot, then yes they'll be struggling all year.

I can see a couple of wins in there though.

A whopping 1 point so far with 0 wins :lol:

At what point will they have to win every game to match our points total of last season, you know in that pub league that they would walk with their squad.

They currently need 84 points from 90 remaining to match us.

So not long. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

It's always been about raising money though - that's why it's called the Poppy Appeal - the entire point of it is to raise money.

I get that, but its how its rammed down our throats these days. I take my kids to nursery/school and there are poppies for sale. I go to fill up my car and likewise. I can't walk down Northumberland street or around the Metro Centre without being stopped asking me to buy one. Wor lass at work, everyone has to wear one or rather they are told to. Its too much!

Did anyone see the two little scrotes that came into Newcastle on Saturday on a Metro at about 1:30pm - at least that was the time I got in from Heworth, they were about 13 - 14 years old dressed in Sunderland tops, scarves and hats.  They were trying to wind up people on the metro they were on with their rotten Sunderland accents.  Came over to me because my 12 year old son had his Newcastle top on as we were on the way to the match and tried to get us to bite at them....  I simply asked why they thought it was a good idea to come to Newcastle on a match day dressed like they were, they said they were here to wind up the mags...  planned to go to St James' and everything.

I recon they were either quickly picked up by the police and taken back to Sun'lun or ended up in the RVI with serious injuries....  One of them, who had a front tooth missing, was particularly aggressive with me asking if I liked Sunderland, when I told him I hated Sunderland he said I must hate him as well....  as much as I was hating him at that point I smiled and said that I didn't, in fact I didn't know him personally to make that sort of judgment but, I said I thought he was being stupid to be doing what they were doing....

They got off at Central and came up to the street and started chanting Sunderland stuff and being generally obnoxious to anyone who looked at them.  Wonder what happened to them, hopefully the police saw them before any Newcastle radgepackets did, for their own good......

Guest Howaythetoon

A few years back a young mackem in a mackem top got a bit of a kicking at the bottom of Westgate Hill, he must have only been about 15. I don't think he was even causing bother. I was driving by and wanted to stop and help, but it seemed others thankfully come to his aid. The two on the Metro deserve a slapping if they are out to cause bother.

I hate the Metro as a rule, loads of charvers and piss heads.

Did anyone see the two little scrotes that came into Newcastle on Saturday on a Metro at about 1:30pm - at least that was the time I got in from Heworth, they were about 13 - 14 years old dressed in Sunderland tops, scarves and hats.  They were trying to wind up people on the metro they were on with their rotten Sunderland accents.  Came over to me because my 12 year old son had his Newcastle top on as we were on the way to the match and tried to get us to bite at them....  I simply asked why they thought it was a good idea to come to Newcastle on a match day dressed like they were, they said they were here to wind up the mags...  planned to go to St James' and everything.

I recon they were either quickly picked up by the police and taken back to Sun'lun or ended up in the RVI with serious injuries....  One of them, who had a front tooth missing, was particularly aggressive with me asking if I liked Sunderland, when I told him I hated Sunderland he said I must hate him as well....  as much as I was hating him at that point I smiled and said that I didn't, in fact I didn't know him personally to make that sort of judgment but, I said I thought he was being stupid to be doing what they were doing....

They got off at Central and came up to the street and started chanting Sunderland stuff and being generally obnoxious to anyone who looked at them.  Wonder what happened to them, hopefully the police saw them before any Newcastle radgepackets did, for their own good......

I think it's a pretty safe bet that they ended up goading  someone with a lower tolerance level than yourself and will now have a painful reminder of how silly they've been.

The little chubby one was actually alright, he was quite funny....  his mate with the missing tooth was a problem though, he had a mouth on him and I had to tell him to stop swearing a few times while on the train....  people around were visibly upset by them which is tragic really...  two kids can cause people to feel so uncomfortable...  Quite a few young kids were on the train as also there was a Little Mix event on at the Arena during the afternoon as well....

Guest Howaythetoon

The little chubby one was actually alright, he was quite funny....  his mate with the missing tooth was a problem though, he had a mouth on him and I had to tell him to stop swearing a few times while on the train....  people around were visibly upset by them which is tragic really...  two kids can cause people to feel so uncomfortable...  Quite a few young kids were on the train as also there was a Little Mix event on at the Arena during the afternoon as well....

I usually take my boys to Tynemouth on the Metro as my sister has a stall at the station and they love the whole journey, but often in the past I've had to ask kids and grown adults to stop swearing and once I got abuse back which usually I'd deal with, but when you have your kids with you what can you do? It doesn't put me off, but it makes me kind of not look forward to what should be an exciting journey on the Metro with my bairns, who absolutely love trains and love learning the different station names etc.

Guest Howaythetoon

Parents with their kids are an easy target because they know they can throw all sorts of abuse at you and you are going to try your best not to retaliate and upset your bairns.

Aye, I'm no hard cunt, but where I grew up if someone says something to you, you give them a slap or tell them where to go. When you're with your kids you just have to bite your lip.

I'm quite an alert person and always have my wits about me so I can kind of spot trouble before it even happens and try and avoid any confrontation or potential bother.

My little lad was great, he was talking to the mackem boys and really saying that they need to look at the state of their own team before they come over to us to try to wind us up.  Mind you he was strategically positioned just behind my left shoulder so he could duck out if they came at him....  :lol: :lol:

So far as being boisterous and sweary on a Metro, that is just a matter for common decency, most people are decent and will not act up but, frankly I would say that when you do hear excessive swearing it is generally spoken with a Wearside accent, well that or some properly chavvy Gateshead youth...  we have all seen (and heard) them!  Someone on the train, or me, will suggest they reign it in a bit for the sake of the people around them....  Never had anyone make more of a fuss than that and often even the scuffiest kid will immediately apologise.

Guest Howaythetoon

My little lad was great, he was talking to the mackem boys and really saying that they need to look at the state of their own team before they come over to us to try to wind us up.  Mind you he was strategically positioned just behind my left shoulder so he could duck out if they came at him....  :lol: :lol:

So far as being boisterous and sweary on a Metro, that is just a matter for common decency, most people are decent and will not act up but, frankly I would say that when you do hear excessive swearing it is generally spoken with a Wearside accent, well that or some properly chavvy Gateshead youth...  we have all seen (and heard) them!  Someone on the train, or me, will suggest they reign it in a bit for the sake of the people around them....  Never had anyone make more of a fuss than that and often even the scuffiest kid will immediately apologise.

We sometimes get the Metro to North Shields and get the ferry over to South Shields and the Metro ride back through there and Gateshead etc. can be rough to say the least...

Good on your son btw :D

:lol:

Proud parent moment that!

Thanks both.....  he was immense!  However, he has only just this year gone into comprehensive school and only had one confrontation that could be classed as someone being aggressive towards him so I think he is slightly naïve in the ways of the mackem warrior.....  he will learn!  haha.