sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh dear!

Sunderland braced for £10m bill for loan flop Ricky Alvarez

http://dailym.ai/2duPY7K

I get that they probably reneged on their bid for a failed player on a technicality and I'm not one for defending the mackems but why should they be forced to pay £10m for a player that they're now not going to get? They should be fined for breach of contract and have to pay damages, sure, but the whole fee for a player that now plays for someone else seems a bit daft.

Not how it works. They had an obligation to buy him. They tried to weasel out of it because they didn't rate him. The player is under contract elsewhere now, that doesn't change the fact they owe Inter the transfer fee.

Some pearlers in this thread especially post two!

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/chronic-sticking-the-boot-in.1282626/

From that thread:

Even one of the blokes that built the extra bits says its a carbuncle. The other made his money in scrap metal which says it all. Whatever your views of Sir Bob the SOL will be a beuatiful stadium when it hopefully goes to 65,000 hopefully some time in the not do distant future.

Christ, if they expand further they'll need a fork-lift to deliver the pile of free tickets to the local schools, call centres and needle exchanges...

'beuatiful'

From that thread:

Even one of the blokes that built the extra bits says its a carbuncle. The other made his money in scrap metal which says it all. Whatever your views of Sir Bob the SOL will be a beuatiful stadium when it hopefully goes to 65,000 hopefully some time in the not do distant future.

Christ, if they expand further they'll need a fork-lift to deliver the pile of free tickets to the local schools, call centres and needle exchanges...

'beuatiful'

65,000 :lol: :lol: :lol:

From that thread:

'beuatiful'

"Even one of the blokes that built the extra bits says its a carbuncle."

I'm sure he did.

65,000, why on earth do they think that will happen sooner rather than later? What planet do these dim fuckers live on? ;D

Imagine what that will look like on TV man. 36,000 of them in a 65,000 pink seater flat pack stadium. They'll look even more pathetic than they do now.

They just don't live in reality at all on all subjects Newcastle and s*nderland. :idiot2:

From that thread:

'beuatiful'

They already do this.

fucking hell man, painful that they would think this stuff- but put it in print, hahahahaha

That site regularly peddles such ridiculous nonsense and sadly quite a few seem to be taken in by it.

No wonder they collectively have the biggest chip on shoulder in football.

They seem to be even more bitter since we were relegated. Strange people.

fucking hell man, painful that they would think this stuff- but put it in print, hahahahaha

That site regularly peddles such ridiculous nonsense and sadly quite a few seem to be taken in by it.

it has destroyed them that we have responded positively to relegation, and still pull in 50k, while they appear to be imploding as a club.

Sensation as BBC Newcastle primarily reports on Newcastle.  Staggering, I know...

The Newcastle Evening Chronicle does exactly the same thing. I think it is just inconsiderate.

They've got pretty decent form lately for getting journalists who don't agree with them fired.

Maybe they need to mobilise the lynch mob again - it's the only victory they've had to celebrate for about 5 months.

it has destroyed them that we have responded positively to relegation, and still pull in 50k, while they appear to be imploding as a club.

I know, it's quite amusing isn't it watching them get really angry about us not being angry  :lol:

Now, back to the roker report's latest editorial meeting....

https://youtu.be/HoaoP3aJi5U?t=40

And hopefully next week....

They really should bring back that old Millwal classic, updated for them. "we are sunlun, we are sunlun, no-one likes us, and it eats us up inside...."

To be honest I think it's more that no one really gives a shit that they exist at all. Nowadays I don't even think about them. in the past I would always have a chuckle at them losing or take a kind of 'interest' in how they were doing etc. but now I honestly don't think about them at all. they are an absolute irrelevance as an entity and as a football club: and I think they are seen like this by huge parts of the media as well tbh.

I think this is what eats the poor cunts up the most (sadly I have some family who are Mackem fans: despite coming from the depths of Northumberland), and they are always banging on about us.

They know the merest minutia about what our club is doing, usually followed by an insane conspiracy theory, and how much they hate everything about the city of Newcastle etc

They seem obsessed.

Our indifference must drive them fucking potty.

From that thread:

'beuatiful'

65,000 :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not really fair to laugh, as half of their catchment area is in the North Sea.

:lol:

Lerl

Yes, yes and yes. And those articles just get sadder - like a pathetic cry for help.

It is difficult to understand why anyone in the press would criticise them in any way. I mean it's not like they don't play attractive winning football, or aren't a credit to the Premier League, or would ever tolerate and celebrate fascists, paedophiles or crooks is it.............?

Reality is they've got off very lightly over the last few years mainly because nobody outside the north east has any interest in them.

Well...(hang on, while I firmly strap on my tin hat..) when we're not actually playing them, and my inner Neanderthal gets a good run-out, I actually quite like to see the club doing ok. I am conscious of friends and family who are as affected by the soap-opera of SAFC as we are/at least have been by 'Barrack Roaders'. Their club have some knobheads as supporters; message boards/social media allow their views to enter the full glare of awareness and often meet the ridicule of more right-minded people. But let's face it we're not short of knobheads also, and the idea that everyone in Wearside/red&white stripes is *insert preferred derogatory term* is as ridiculous to me as making such a statement about any heterogeneous group of people. This comes from someone, who as a somewhat feral young man, was involved in quite a bit of letting my fists do the talking re local and more distant disagreements about who supports the best football team/has the hardest fans. I grew-up. Which, if you're lucky, involves putting aside over general bigotry born of ignorance and spite.

Well...(hang on, while I firmly strap on my tin hat..) when we're not actually playing them, and my inner Neanderthal gets a good run-out, I actually quite like to see the club doing ok. I am conscious of friends and family who are as affected by the soap-opera of SAFC as we are/at least have been by 'Barrack Roaders'. Their club have some knobheads as supporters; message boards/social media allow their views to enter the full glare of awareness and often meet the ridicule of more right-minded people. But let's face it we're not short of knobheads also, and the idea that everyone in Wearside/red&white stripes is *insert preferred derogatory term* is as ridiculous to me as making such a statement about any heterogeneous group of people. This comes from someone, who as a somewhat feral young man, was involved in quite a bit of letting my fists do the talking re local and more distant disagreements about who supports the best football team/has the hardest fans. I grew-up. Which, if you're lucky, involves putting aside over general bigotry born of ignorance and spite.

You're dead to me