sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Landfill man :lol: Their 'stadium' is built on land that was regularly fly-tipped on and is close to an ex landfill site. That and on match day it actually resembles a tip... bamps!

I was out in Sunderland the other week and listening to the locals talking about us constantly, they hate us far more than they even like their own club.

I noticed a concerning amount of crisp packets and a carrier bag swirling around our pitch on Sat like. Was furious when I watched the groundsmen just walking passed at half-time instead of picking them up

I've been to a fair few non-league games recently and have seen many people simply drop their rubbish (plastic bottles, chip trays, plastic cups) directly onto either the side of the pitch or near their feet where they are standing. Seemingly the thought process is "it'll get picked up by somebody else who's job it is to do that". Ignoring the fact whoever does end up doing it is definitely doing so on a voluntary basis. This is all despite the fact there are bins within 10-20 metres walking distance.

It really is the height of obnoxiousness and ignorance. It definitely also occurs at PL stadiums too, less depressing to know that somebody will at least be paid to clean it up. Sunderland's issue appears to be that their stadium acts as a kind of wind vortex that turns it all into various litter tornados.

They’ve got the usual guess the crowd for the Bristol City game and it seems they are bringing around 1500 fans up and provided a link. Can’t imagine they’re happy with where everyone is staying.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/189260-sunderland-tickets-merged/&

"Am I right in saying we sold out at Newcastle so why not sunderland."

Response

"Bit like saying we should take the same away support to county as we would to forest..."