sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

its the only thing they will be top of this year :lol:

Yeah I think 21 point gap, even at this stage will be too big a gap for them to breach :) They'll be top of the table in terms of fans though, everybody thinks so :p

I think whoever puts together the stats for these football games needs to be sacked.  According to Moyes they stuck with Arsenal in the first half and deservedly equalised in the 2nd. the 66% to 34% possession and the 21 shots to 3 in favour of Arsenal, is obviously wrong because surely Moyes isn't talking out of his arse !!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37737719

Did Mad Moyes say they played well and deserved something ?  I know statistics don't tell the full story but these probably do.

Home Team      Sunderland                  Away Team Arsenal

Possession        Home 34%                  Away 66%

Shots                Home 3                        Away 21

On Target          Home 1                        Away  7

Accurate passes Home 216                    Away 505

Corners            Home 0                        Away 8

Guest firetotheworks

They're fucking trash, like. Defoe's the only thing stopping them from being worse than that terrible Derby team.

They've still got 'Mackembauer' to come back from injury

They are putting a lot of stock in the players that are due to return from injury, that are going to turn around their season. I guess they are talking mostly about Borini (who seems to play best against us, unlucky again Sunderland :)), Kirchoff (who was great in the run in for them last season, but I remember his debut, which was one of the worst I had ever seen) and Catermole (who will given them some bite in midfield, they need to get the possession numbers sorted but he's such a limited player, relying on him as your saviour is crazy).

They need a big January window, need suddenly for their players to buy into what Moyes is trying to do and the manager needs to buy a hell of a lot smarter than he did in the summer, they talk about him not getting much time or money but we recruited better players in the championship, hell even Villa brought in better players than them. He had more than enough time to evaluate what was missing.

They've still got 'Mackembauer' to come back from injury

They are putting a lot of stock in the players that are due to return from injury, that are going to turn around their season. I guess they are talking mostly about Borini (who seems to play best against us, unlucky again Sunderland :)), Kirchoff (who was great in the run in for them last season, but I remember his debut, which was one of the worst I had ever seen) and Catermole (who will given them some bite in midfield, they need to get the possession numbers sorted but he's such a limited player, relying on him as your saviour is crazy).

They need a big January window, need suddenly for their players to buy into what Moyes is trying to do and the manager needs to buy a hell of a lot smarter than he did in the summer, they talk about him not getting much time or money but we recruited better players in the championship, hell even Villa brought in better players than them. He had more than enough time to evaluate what was missing.

To be fair to Kirchoff after that nightmare of a debut he'd been pretty damned good (dare I say it he'd be just the type we'd be looking at should we get promoted).

If they go down i doubt they will get up in a long time. They are skint and even decent Championship players cost quite alot these days and they have next to nothing to build on from when you look at their current squad. They might sell a few players but they really don't have any mega valuable assets to sell. 

it's never as easy as that, sign a few championship level players and keep defoe they'll have a chance imo...defoe would score a million goals in that league like

If they go down i doubt they will get up in a long time. They are skint and even decent Championship players cost quite alot these days and they have next to nothing to build on from when you look at their current squad. They might sell a few players but they really don't have any mega valuable assets to sell. 

it's never as easy as that, sign a few championship level players and keep defoe they'll have a chance imo...defoe would score a million goals in that league like

would he not be 35, why would he hang around?

didn't say he would, but if you were them that's what you'd be aiming for surely...we're seeing ourselves what having good strikers can do for you in this league

didn't say he would, but if you were them that's what you'd be aiming for surely...we're seeing ourselves what having good strikers can do for you in this league

hell yes, but his age and wages might make them let him go and rebuild

hell yes, but his age and wages might make them let him go and rebuild

:dontknow: