sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Such a weird vibe in this thread.

You realize if y'all stop obsessing about them here, and overall, they'll just fade away, right? They're a nothing club and the sooner we stop propping them up with our self-aggrandizing talk (all the hope they have), the sooner they just go off in to the ether of the football league.

There should be zero threads on a Newcastle board about Sunderland. They're not worth it. And the sooner that we stop talking about them, the sooner everyone else will as well.

Says the person who's opened the thread, read right the way through it and then posted on it.

:lol: If only, dude.

I look in to this thread like once a month, maybe, because it always makes me :anguish: at the level of patter in here.

The sooner we forget about these asshats across the river, the sooner they disappear, which is what we ultimately want.

Football is all about rivalries and tribalism. It's one of the things that makes it great and sets it apart from all other sports.

Or do we?

They're our rivals. Always have been, always will be. That's just the way it is. If a topic on here doesn't interest me I simply don't open it.

The thing is, that would be fine if it hasn't spilled out into most other threads recently. Everything seems to be us vs them at the moment, and its really freaking annoying.

They're our rivals. Always have been, always will be. That's just the way it is. If a topic on here doesn't interest me I simply don't open it.

The thing is, that would be fine if it hasn't spilled out into most other threads recently. Everything seems to be us vs them at the moment, and its really freaking annoying.

Not something I've noticed tbh.

You were comparing us to them in the league cup game thread :lol:

You were comparing us to them in the league cup game thread :lol:

I think I've got myself a little stalker here  :lol:

You realize if y'all stop obsessing about them here, and overall, they'll just fade away, right? They're a nothing club and the sooner we stop propping them up with our self-aggrandizing talk (all the hope they have), the sooner they just go off in to the ether of the football league.

There should be zero threads on a Newcastle board about Sunderland. They're not worth it. And the sooner that we stop talking about them, the sooner everyone else will as well.

Believe it or not some of us live in the area and work with Mackems everyday. Some are good friends by the way.

If we stop talking about them they will disappear  :lol:

Believe it or not some of us live in the area and work with Mackems everyday. Some are good friends by the way.

Yep! Hebburn is quite split and as you say, some of my best mates are red and whiters! I was actually Best Man for one of them at the Stadium of s**** dressed in red and b****** white! Ha ha ha!

Yep! Hebburn is quite split and as you say, some of my best mates are red and whiters! I was actually Best Man for one of them at the Stadium of s**** dressed in red and b****** white! Ha ha ha!

SMB

:yikes:

SMB

Ha ha ha! To be fair, virtually my last  line was “if the Bride goes down as often as Sunderland then the Groom will be a very happy man”!

Unfortunately, this was July 2008 and a certain other Tyne and Wear team went down 10 months later!

It's really weird, we've always had how obsessed they are with us as a stick to beat them with but it feels as if there's some posters in here who go out of their way just to find something ridiculous to post about them. It's really hypocritical when there's 3 or 4  posters talking about how obsessed they are yet about 90% of their posts are in this thread and not about Newcastle. I've no problem with a Sunderland thread laughing at them but this thread used to be so much better when it was used only occasionally for funny stories in the media about them or funny thread like the Uncal Mick one on RTG, but every day this thread is top of the page and it's usually just something about how deluded a user is on RTG, when in reality they probably know fine well that they're going to be copy and pasted onto this forum. We're having our most enjoyable season for years and yet this thread is never off the top 5 threads on the forum.

If you dare to criticise how obsessed people are over Sunderland in this thread this season you get accused of not being from the region and not understanding the rivalry, despite many of us (me included) being in the region all our lives and I've been to every home derby game for the last 16 years. It's probably massively hypocritical of me to say what people should or should not post but this thread has gone really weird the last few months. Maybe I'm in the minority but I thought I'd give my opinion

Its Newcastle and Sunderland, the two sets have fans have mocked each other for years regardless of what division each team sits in.  It will continue to go on until the clubs fold or vanish altogether.

Sunderland aren't just going to fade away if NUFC fans stop talking about them and the same for Sunderland fans, we'll always be on each others shadows.

It's really weird, we've always had how obsessed they are with us as a stick to beat them with but it feels as if there's some posters in here who go out of their way just to find something ridiculous to post about them. It's really hypocritical when there's 3 or 4  posters talking about how obsessed they are yet about 90% of their posts are in this thread and not about Newcastle. I've no problem with a Sunderland thread laughing at them but this thread used to be so much better when it was used only occasionally for funny stories in the media about them or funny thread like the Uncal Mick one on RTG, but every day this thread is top of the page and it's usually just something about how deluded a user is on RTG, when in reality they probably know fine well that they're going to be copy and pasted onto this forum. We're having our most enjoyable season for years and yet this thread is never off the top 5 threads on the forum.

If you dare to criticise how obsessed people are over Sunderland in this thread this season you get accused of not being from the region and not understanding the rivalry, despite many of us (me included) being in the region all our lives and I've been to every home derby game for the last 16 years. It's probably massively hypocritical of me to say what people should or should not post but this thread has gone really weird the last few months. Maybe I'm in the minority but I thought I'd give my opinion

obsessed!

Why does it grind people's gears that a thread on our historic local rivals sits near the top? It's how it is and very relevant. I don't post in here much but always find it weird there's such resistance to discussing them. Why does it bug you so much?

Some of the s**** discussed on this forum is way more worthy of people's disdain.

If you're going to be embarrassed by something then be embarrassed about Pardew or HBA threads sitting at the top (more so Pardew). They're not relevant to the club anymore and never will be again. Yet some go on and on about them far worse than the Sunderland talk. Pardew thread is constantly at the top. But I get why...because his failings are glorious to watch from afar. But if you need to complain about the one thread on Sunderland...then they're the most deserving threads. Of course talk spills in to other threads. But Pardew and HBA continue to do so, too.

But threads on a forum aren't a reflection of life. A 30 seconds posting on here doesn't mean someone has spent the day mulling over how they're going to contribute to the forum. It's just a quick, passing thought.

Very well put.