sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When Fulham performed their miracle escape act a few years ago, under Roy Hodgson, how were they placed with 10 games to go ?

They were on 19 points after 28 games.

How far away from safety ?

I think they finished on 35 points and stayed up on goal difference of 3 or 4 goals.

Edit, they did stay up on goal difference, Reading were -25 and Fulham were -22 but they were both on 36 points, not 35.

When Fulham performed their miracle escape act a few years ago, under Roy Hodgson, how were they placed with 10 games to go ?

I think they finished on 35 points and stayed up on goal difference of 3 or 4 goals.

Edit, they did stay up on goal difference, Reading were -25 and Fulham were -22 but they were both on 36 points, not 35.

Yeah but after 28 games what were the 17th placed team on ?

I know they've done it before, too many times but there's no fight in them this time, the players look forlorn, the manager doesn't care and the fans have had enough, they don't have us for an inspiring win to kick start a spree. Gone and forgotten, finally!

Fucked surely?

I can see them winning 3 games maybe. Maybe a couple of draws.

Don't think it will be enough.

Right now, it's hard to see where even the next win is going to come from. They look like us before Rafa took over, but worse, somehow!

Bolton were on 25 points. Just found the table on 11v11.com

f***ed surely?

They've got Boro, West ham (safe and wont give a fuck), Bournemouth (same), Hull (biggy), Swansea (last home game if they need a win)......just realised I've gave them 15 points and I don't think that'll be enough.......don't think they'll get them either, I was being nice.

Guest neesy111

Seriously in other seasons, mackems had some green shoots in how they were playing before their great escapes.  This season there's nothing.  No home goals in last 3 games I read today.

Also, they had competent managers in the last 2 seasons, this season they don't.  Moyes is completely out his depth.

f***ed surely?

They've got Boro, West ham (safe and wont give a fuck), Bournemouth (same), Hull (biggy), Swansea (last home game if they need a win)......just realised I've gave them 15 points and I don't think that'll be enough.......don't think they'll get them either, I was being nice.

Even smoking a crack pipe while doing the maths sees them going down, it's all good.

Seriously in other seasons, mackems had some green shoots in how they were playing before their great escapes.  This season there's nothing.  No home goals in last 3 games I read today.

Also, they had competent managers in the last 2 seasons, this season they don't.  Moyes is completely out his depth.

Can't buy the Moyes out of his depth stuff. He was OK in this depth for years.

Guest neesy111

Can't buy the Moyes out of his depth stuff. He was OK in this depth for years.

He was.  Last 2 jobs have been disasters.

25 points.

So 6 points from safety,. They have winnable games but.............I'm not going to commit it to type in case I jinx it.

Basically the need to win all their "winnable" games and get an upset win against a big team.

Going to be canny tricky that like.

If Defoe doesn't score, they've got nowt IMO.

They'll get an unexpected win against one of the big boys,  but won't win all of the "winnable"  games IMHO. 

And they haven't got a derby against us to give them a little kick on - the boro game is the same to them as it is to us,  so unimportant.

So, in short,  they're fucked.

25 points.

So 6 points from safety,. They have winnable games but.............I'm not going to commit it to type in case I jinx it.

They're screwed.

25 points.

They're screwed.

Shhh man. Don't say it till it happens. We've been here before!

bbd0832a8378a36af67c63df42b23b09.jpg

I honestly counted 7 points maximum for them out of those remaining games.

There is Middlesbrough away to be added to that list, but obviously won't make any real difference if you're just seeing 7 points.

One way they can look at it is they are 7 behind Swansea with a game in hand and they still have to play them at home. Plus their goal difference is better.

They have 3 'big' clubs and Leicester away which are tough, but they should be looking at getting points from the other games, particularly West Ham (who have lost to 2 strugglers in a row now), Swansea and Bournemouth at home. However, this was arguably their easiest game on paper and they didn't take advantage. You can get 9/1 on them to stay up now so it is clearly unlikely.

bbd0832a8378a36af67c63df42b23b09.jpg

I honestly counted 7 points maximum for them out of those remaining games.

There is Middlesbrough away to be added to that list, but obviously won't make any real difference if you're just seeing 7 points.

One way they can look at it is they are 7 behind Swansea with a game in hand and they still have to play them at home. Plus their goal difference is better.

They have 3 'big' clubs and Leicester away which are tough, but they should be looking at getting points from the other games, particularly West Ham (who have lost to 2 strugglers in a row now), Swansea and Bournemouth at home. However, this was arguably their easiest game on paper and they didn't take advantage. You can get 9/1 on them to stay up now so it is clearly unlikely.

Being VERY generous to them,  I could see about 11 or 12 points from those fixtures,  giving them 31  - 32 points.

They're not going to survive on that are they?

Guest neesy111

Swansea lost to Hull and Bournemouth, so suddenly there's a team Sunderland can catch. Very generous games til the end too - I know they cant score but it's doable.

Got 2 home games coming up though, can see them getting a win vs Boro from them.