sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone think that these 'commiserations' posts by 'new members' on the SMB are just weird mackems posing as neutrals to make themselves look really popular?

:lol:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/commiserations.1357452/

Hi guys,

Spurs fan in peace here.

Just wanted to send you all my commiserations for your relegation. Yesterday was a tragedy as far as I'm concerned.

I obviously don't need to tell you guys that your club is one with a long history and, to me at least, is one of the truly important threads in the 'tapestry' of English football. Your absence will leave a gaping hole in the League that only you can fill. (I personally have a further affinity with you because I detest Newcastle so very much, but that's beside the point...)

And I'm sure I'm not alone among supporters of other clubs who will be saddened by your relegation. Obviously, it's nothing compared to what you all must be feeling, but remember, you're not alone - you have a lot of friends in football (matchday banter aside)

Personally, I've always enjoyed you guys at White Hart Lane (not been able to make it to the SoL yet - my apologies). To travel that bloody far and make that much bloody noise is quite awe-inspiring.

I remember a 5-1 result (sorry) at the Lane... 2014 I think it was. The noise you made that day was amazing. To-the-hilt support - brilliant. And then after the match, me and my mates ended up in a pub with some Sunderland fans and they were one of the funniest group of guys I'd ever come across. And even though they'd just suffered a pretty nasty result, they were so gracious and friendly it was one of the best post-match sessions I can remember. I always have so much time for you guys - you're great.

And this year, you've handled what has been a truly horrific season with so much grace, which furthers your reputation as a great set of fans - it really speaks volumes about you.

Anyway, I won't take up any more of your time, except to offer my sincerest commiserations again and to say

Please come back SOON!

0% chance that isn't a Mackem.

Jesus Christ man. :lol:

Imagine signing up to your own forum and pretending to be a fan of another club just to make up a shit story to praise yourselves. ;D

Does anyone think that these 'commiserations' posts by 'new members' on the SMB are just weird mackems posing as neutrals to make themselves look really popular?

Hi guys,

Spurs fan in peace here.

Just wanted to send you all my commiserations for your relegation. Yesterday was a tragedy as far as I'm concerned.

I obviously don't need to tell you guys that your club is one with a long history and, to me at least, is one of the truly important threads in the 'tapestry' of English football. Your absence will leave a gaping hole in the League that only you can fill. (I personally have a further affinity with you because I detest Newcastle so very much, but that's beside the point...)

And I'm sure I'm not alone among supporters of other clubs who will be saddened by your relegation. Obviously, it's nothing compared to what you all must be feeling, but remember, you're not alone - you have a lot of friends in football (matchday banter aside)

Personally, I've always enjoyed you guys at White Hart Lane (not been able to make it to the SoL yet - my apologies). To travel that bloody far and make that much bloody noise is quite awe-inspiring.

I remember a 5-1 result (sorry) at the Lane... 2014 I think it was. The noise you made that day was amazing. To-the-hilt support - brilliant. And then after the match, me and my mates ended up in a pub with some Sunderland fans and they were one of the funniest group of guys I'd ever come across. And even though they'd just suffered a pretty nasty result, they were so gracious and friendly it was one of the best post-match sessions I can remember. I always have so much time for you guys - you're great.

And this year, you've handled what has been a truly horrific season with so much grace, which furthers your reputation as a great set of fans - it really speaks volumes about you.

Anyway, I won't take up any more of your time, except to offer my sincerest commiserations again and to say

Please come back SOON!

Jesus christ that entire post is something else, my fav part:

remember, you're not alone - you have a lot of friends in football

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

So tragic that it reads like one of us doing it to take the piss out of their obsession with football friends. [emoji38] We don't even need to put in any legwork to take the piss, they're fucking brilliant at doing it to themselves.

Guest firetotheworks

I really thought Moyes would prove to be the appointment that got them securely into mid-table instead of scrabbling around at the bottom. What a great thing to be wrong about.

I'm doubting myself on this point a bit now because Moyes really hasn't helped himself, but I still think that squad is truly awful and beyond help. Admitting to that and more or less accepting defeat from the start was all Moyes though, and possibly done deliberately to save face with his career by distancing himself from any blame when he saw relegation on the horizon early on.

I really thought Moyes would prove to be the appointment that got them securely into mid-table instead of scrabbling around at the bottom. What a great thing to be wrong about.

You may be right for next season.

Reading the Daily Mail article about him would make you think otherwise.

Hi guys,

Spurs fan in peace here.

Please come back SOON!

Jesus christ that entire post is something else, my fav part:

remember, you're not alone - you have a lot of friends in football

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It'll be that dangermows or whatever the fuck he's called. Fucking football friend

That "commiserations" thread there made me wonder how actual other fans took their relegation

Found a man city forum thread then got bored so didnt both searching for more.. but: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/sunderland-relegated.328143/

"Feel for all the fans, they deserve far better."

"They have a great support up there and the size of the club should attract good enough players to come back up."

"Hope they bounce straight back up, great fans, great club and a great day out"

"hopefully they'll come straight back up next season with a bit of momentum behind them"

"Genuinely sorry to see them go down for reasons already mentioned on this thread"

"Here's hoping they'll be straight back up."

:serious: the fuck is with their love in

That "commiserations" thread there made me wonder how actual other fans took their relegation

Found a man city forum thread then got bored so didnt both searching for more.. but: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/sunderland-relegated.328143/

"They have a great support up there and the size of the club should attract good enough players to come back up."

"hopefully they'll come straight back up next season with a bit of momentum behind them"

"Genuinely sorry to see them go down for reasons already mentioned on this thread"

:serious: the f*** is with their love in

Look on Red cafe. My enemy's enemy is my friend.

I'll go with what other fans have told me, nobody minds them as a club but they play crap football and they like to go there so they can spend time in Newcastle.

The Mackems are desperate to be relevant  because they're overshadowed by us- regardless of which division either of us are in.

It's little brother syndrome.

It's more than just football though, that's why you're right in saying it doesn't matter what division either of us are in.

:serious: the f*** is with their love in

The season of the Augero title winner against QPR, Man United were playing at Sunderland and when the scores came through the mackems did the Poznan and celebrated City winning the league.

Their love in with Feyenoord is very strange; Feyenoord are about to win the League and there are S'land congratulating like some kind awe struck kid brother wishing it was them; no make that it should be them and if it were they'd do it better.

I'm sure these Feyenoord fans love the adulation they get from an English club. Very very strange.