sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/newcastle-wont-survive.1376559/

2nd paragraph...

If you look at that squad there are only a few players who are actually premier league quality. Despite the difference in league I'd actually rather have our squad than theirs.

:lol:

Surely a lot of these things I'm reading from that forum have to be Mags on a wind up!

I honestly cannot believe the shit that most of them spout and the bitterness is quite simply unparalleled!

Even with the low standards of that forum this is lifting. Really they have no idea, we just won the league they are in now, an aspiration most of them even realise they have little chance of doing, and zero if they don't bring a bunch of players in. Yet they somehow think our squad is worse than theirs ? They mention every other post about our "delusion", yet somehow this kind of stuff is not deluded. We went narrowly went down with a stronger squad than they did, for proof of that, just look at the outgoing income we had compared to them, we went down because we employed Steve fucking McClaren, not because of the general quality of the squad, it should have been good enough to stay up that year. Last year we added Gayle and Ritchie, while Shelvey played at a higher level in the lower division. We did not miss the qualities of the likes of Sissoko, Gini, Janmaat and Cisse. While they went almost two months before winning a game and finish comfortably bottom of the league. If we had played them last year, I'm pretty confident we would have beaten them 8 or 9 times out of 10. Their squad last season was ill equipped and it's gotten a lot worse since then.

The level of ill education on that forum is not real surely. 

I've come to accept, rightly or wrongly that to a significant proportion of Wearsiders we are like their 'perfect cousin' (or Wor Kevin! Undertones ref for the oldies):

"He always beat me at Subbuteo

'cause he flicked the kick

And I didn't know!"

Has Bradley Lowery passed away?

No. But the way the papers and social media is going on, you'd think so. Just give the bairn and his family some space and peace for the time they have left FFS.

Aye, I know they've put him in the spotlight hugely and it's to be expected, and it's also expected for human being to be soulless cunts who are more interested in being the first to report the death of a child than they are to allow the family some privacy during what looks like his final moments.

No. But the way the papers and social media is going on, you'd think so. Just give the bairn and his family some space and peace for the time they have left FFS.

Aye it's already in full swing on Facebook:

Theres only one #Bradleylowery. Set this as your status to support him and his family at this very hard time <3 <3 #ourlittlesuperhero #keepfighting ???

How the fuck is it supporting the poor bairn or the family. Be honest you're doing it for your own little validation.

Aye it's already in full swing on Facebook:

Theres only one #Bradleylowery. Set this as your status to support him and his family at this very hard time <3 <3 #ourlittlesuperhero #keepfighting ???

How the fuck is it supporting the poor bairn or the family. Be honest you're doing it for your own little validation.

This is a difficult point to make, but you're right.  Not something you ever want to raise elsewhere.  Although, I'm sure plenty of people are sincere with their support.

Oh there's definitely people out there being sincere.

They're normally the ones that donate to charities instead of kicking of because football clubs and other players aren't paying for the treatment.

They're normally the ones that don't feel the need to plaster their 'suport' all over Facebook when they see yummy mummies sharing it instead of Minions memes.

They're normally the ones with an IQ higher than a potatoes.

It was actually Facebook that brought it to my attention. Loads of people (all Toon fans) going mental in their support of him.

None of them know him or owt, and obviously it's a sad story and he's a brave lad but fuck me, there are kids dying left, right and centre who would have loved the treatment he has received.

Football is a completely changed game like, maybe for the better, but it's not the sport I grew up with. Football fans falling over one another to be the nicest.

As mentioned above it just seems like a race to break the news / get the hits or likes / feel better about yourself. I'm sure all the support is sincere too, but it just comes across totally wrong. How many of those same people would be genuinely upset when he passes away?

I know I seem a right misery cunt like, it's nowt against the kid or his family.

Tin hat on here too but it seems a convenient story after all the shite they've been through with nonces, relegation and being virtually bust too...

It was actually Facebook that brought it to my attention. Loads of people (all Toon fans) going mental in their support of him.

None of them know him or owt, and obviously it's a sad story and he's a brave lad but f*** me, there are kids dying left, right and centre who would have loved the treatment he has received.

Football is a completely changed game like, maybe for the better, but it's not the sport I grew up with. Football fans falling over one another to be the nicest.

As mentioned above it just seems like a race to break the news / get the hits or likes / feel better about yourself. I'm sure all the support is sincere too, but it just comes across totally wrong. How many of those same people would be genuinely upset when he passes away?

I know I seem a right misery c*** like, it's nowt against the kid or his family.

Tin hat on here too but it seems a convenient story after all the s**** they've been through with nonces, relegation and being virtually bust too...

Very well said imo. This mawkish intrusion into the grief and sadness of a family most have no connection with seems to  typically represent the worst aspects of social media.

Let the poor lad die with dignity surrounded by those who care the most for him.

Yeah, we unfortunately live in a world where the media and people in general feel the need to be included in the grievance of others. Not only this but they like to speak for those who are grieving. The way I see it is that I have no right to be included in that grief, thats private, and I have no right to speak on behalf of those who are genuinely grieving, like his family and friends. It goes beyond Bradley though, like those who lose their lives in terrorist attacks etc.

None of them know him or owt, and obviously it's a sad story and he's a brave lad but f*** me, there are kids dying left, right and centre who would have loved the treatment he has received.

I know I seem a right misery c*** like, it's nowt against the kid or his family.

Tin hat on here too but it seems a convenient story after all the s**** they've been through with nonces, relegation and being virtually bust too...

Very well said imo. This mawkish intrusion into the grief and sadness of a family most have no connection with seems to  typically represent the worst aspects of social media.

Let the poor lad die with dignity surrounded by those who care the most for him.

I totally agree, the whole Facebook and social media intrusion to this tragic little fella has left me feeling very uncomfortable about it all. The whole Bradley situation is absolutely tragic and nothing any parent should have to endure, but the media is going on as if he's the only child ever to have had to battle this awful affliction. Many many children worldwide are going through exactly the same but they haven't had the luxuries or opportunities bestowed upon them that this lad has. Only now I have just read a post from a guy saying the WORLD will be in tears when he passes away I find that a ludicrous statement

The press, the media and all these ghoulish media attention seekers on FB should jist let his family deal with this in peace, part of me believes his family have courted this though

I totally agree, the whole Facebook and social media intrusion to this tragic little fella has left me feeling very uncomfortable about it all. The whole Bradley situation is absolutely tragic and nothing any parent should have to endure, but the media is going on as if he's the only child ever to have had to battle this awful affliction. Many many children worldwide are going through exactly the same but they haven't had the luxuries or opportunities bestowed upon them that this lad has. Only now I have just read a post from a guy saying the WORLD will be in tears when he passes away I find that a ludicrous statement

The press, the media and all these ghoulish media attention seekers on FB should jist let his family deal with this in peace, part of me believes his family have courted this though

To me his family have unwittingly put themselves in this situation. When it first came out about him they wanted to grow awareness of him to gain funding for treatment, that is all. Everyone though has thrusted the lad in the limelight which was good for gaining the funding for treatment they needed, and good for giving the lad something things in life to enjoy. Unfortunately it hasn't turned out like they had hoped, and now the attention is still on him and the family in his final moments. His family obviously aren't able to manage the situation, they will obviously want privacy, but they also appreciate everything everyone has done for them and want to keep the world somewhat informed. A long time ago they would have been given the services of a PR person, to deal with everything, the problem there though is that a PR person wants to keep the attention at arms length (which the family won't want), where as the family will likely genuinely think the PR person is doing everything within their best interests.

His parents will have made a fortune and Sunderland gets remained Lowerytown. Everyone's happy.

I'm going to make a guess that they would sooner choose to trade whatever (if anything) they have earned to have Bradley alive and well.

His parents will have made a fortune and Sunderland gets remained Lowerytown. Everyone's happy.

I'm going to make a guess that they would sooner choose to trade whatever (if anything) they have earned to have Bradley alive and well.

It's crass to think in those terms at all tbh