sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

His parents will have made a canny buck, seen their kid live out a good end of life, and Sunderland gets a cleaner image. Everyone wins.

Not sure the young un wins, bud

He was never going to, unfortunately for him but all parties have made his remaining days as good as they can be.

From what I can see the family are actually taking some solace from the extended coverage their little boy is receiving on Social Media. If they get some comfort at such a sad time when they're basically waiting for their son to die I personally can't see the harm in it.

Irrespective of what people think it's a 6 year old boy who isn't going to last much longer. I was quite moved by the obvious affection that Defoe has for the little lad. There's only a handful of kids in the UK suffering from this rare form of cancer. Hopefully the awareness raised through little Bradley's plight and the funds can go part of the way to giving some others a fighting chance

Coincidentally and sadly, we've had a similar story going on in Holland, with a boy (Tijn Kolsteren) suffering from terminal brain cancer raising money for charity: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/24/terminally-ill-dutch-child-raises-2m-with-nail-painting-challenge

Tijn has died aged 6 last night. Such a horrible, horrible disease.

My old teacher's granddaughter had the same thing (DIPG), it's devastating and such an aggressive disease

Sad news, just as it is when any child dies. It's obviously no consolation but at least he spent his short life enjoying some incredible things that most can only dream of.