sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Even if they don’t go down, I can see them as a Championship club for many years to come. Financially they are screwed and no-one will be lining up to buy the club. Short for all his faults has done something thousands of mackems haven’t done and that’s invest in the club. They will never amount to anything while they are always obsessed with us and see everything we do or don’t do as a yardstick.

If I was them I see 6 games you'd be realistically thinking you could win as targets, on paper they should get dicked in the rest of them.

They'll not win all six bit will probably pick up an unexpected win and draw here or there. My guess is about 20 points max, will that be enough?

If I was them I see 6 games you'd be realistically thinking you could win as targets, on paper they should get dicked in the rest of them.

They'll not win all six bit will probably pick up an unexpected win and draw here or there. My guess is about 20 points max, will that be enough?

Eyeh, yi forgettin 6 in a rowe marra!

FTM

51 points relegated Blackburn last season on gd.

Good.

People keep bringing this up but it's not the norm at all

This is the 10 years previous - 40, 41, 44, 54 ???, 40, 42, 47, 46, 52 ???, 42

44-45pts average

Given how shite like 5 or 6 teams are at the bottom of the Championship this season it'l surely be a lower number again. 20 pts to 46 will do it I'd guess

44-45pts average

Given how shite like 5 or 6 teams are at the bottom of the Championship this season it'l surely be a lower number again. 20 pts to 46 will do it I'd guess

Bew.

If they lose their next two and the teams hovering about relegation pick points up that’s them done I think. If they lose to Bolton it opens up a seven point gap between them and the mackems, if Hull beat Barnsley there’s another 6 point gap. You’d have though there was an ideal opportunity to kick on from their comeback last week but they’ve been dicked at home again with another poor performance.

Two of their 3 goals against Bristol City were OG, and whilst there’s no denying their defence is shite, it’s hard to see where the goals are going to come from. 

On top of that, most of the teams they have left to play have something to play for, whether it’s play offs or survival points.

I think this time they’re gone!

44-45pts average

Mag.

So, some of us older NUFC supporters will remember when them shithouses last dropped into the third tier. Much merriment was made by NUFC's support. So much so that NUFC's support was very much in attendance in that relegation play off game at Roker Park v Cascarino lead Gillingham.

First and probably the only time I've seen three sets of supporters in one ground. NUFC given their own section in the clock stand (to the left of the Roker End as you face the pitch.) Others intermingled with the unwashed as the gates closed on the NUFC section well before kick off. Myself included.

So, should we go back this season when the inevitable happens? I'll be sorely tempted. 

Guest Howaythetoon

That's so f***ing sad. [emoji38]

Today it would be, but back then the two clubs were closer in terms of how dire and shite we were and the rivalry was probably more intense and closer.

So, some of us older NUFC supporters will remember when them shithouses last dropped into the third tier. Much merriment was made by NUFC's support. So much so that NUFC's support was very much in attendance in that relegation play off game at Roker Park v Cascarino lead Gillingham.

First and probably the only time I've seen three sets of supporters in one ground. NUFC given their own section in the clock stand (to the left of the Roker End as you face the pitch.) Others intermingled with the unwashed as the gates closed on the NUFC section well before kick off. Myself included.

So, should we go back this season when the inevitable happens? I'll be sorely tempted. 

If you do go this season, try make sure we are safe first

That's so f***ing sad. [emoji38]

Today it would be, but back then the two clubs were closer in terms of how dire and shite we were and the rivalry was probably more intense and closer.

NUFC support is far too sanitised to be up for it these days. Probably about 300/400 back then.

If you do go this season, try make sure we are safe first

That's a salient point. In Rafa we trust eh?

Think they'll do a Wigan/Bolton and start yo-yo'ing between the Championship and League One for a while. It took a fair club Boro 6 or so seasons to come back, Leeds still haven't, Forest haven't for nearly 20 years, Sheff Utd over 10 years, Sheff Wed 18 years, Coventry similar...Villa still might take another year or so. They're gone for a while and their golden era post-war would have been 3 top-half finishes in 18 years and a derby streak.

This post on RTG just about sums Sunderland up as a place

‘I’m 37 my mum is 52 and my gran is 66, will any of us be around to see premiership football at the SoL?’

So your mother had you at 15 and her mother had her at 14. I can only assume he has a 24 year old who in turn has a 12 year old.

This post on RTG just about sums Sunderland up as a place

‘I’m 37 my mum is 52 and my gran is 66, will any of us be around to see premiership football at the SoL?’

So your mother had you at 15 and her mother had her at 14. I can only assume he has a 24 year old who in turn has a 12 year old.

tbf that could be anywhere in the North East or even the country for that matter...