Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I just hope that before he goes he sits down with Ashley and tells him everything that's wrong with this club and what needs to be done. Not that Ashley will listen but it will make Rafa feel better to get it off his chest, then he can sell the article to the press about Ashley's reaction

I bet in 2008-9 he'd have looked at Taylor as someone to exploit, yet here he is starting him over Lascelles. May have cost us our status.

It's always a massive problem when you get a new manager in who doesn't know which players will let him down. He's gone for experience in Taylor and it's turned out as expected. What's really cost us has been those back to back wins before Christmas. If we'd got someone in then we would have had time to turn it round. We might have spent that money in January on players who could make a difference as well.

It was bad enough last week to bring him in after Lascelles hadnt exactly done anything wrong in the derby, but to go with him again after he was awful at Norwich was poor. I've got faith in time he'd turn us around and his subs are bang on, but to start Taylor is giving the opposition a goal start.

Needs to drop some of these chumps.

Darlow

Jan    Mbemba  Colo    Sissoko

Tiote\Sav

Perez        Dejong        Aarons

Townsend  Mitro

I bet in 2008-9 he'd have looked at Taylor as someone to exploit, yet here he is starting him over Lascelles. May have cost us our status.

It's always a massive problem when you get a new manager in who doesn't know which players will let him down. He's gone for experience in Taylor and it's turned out as expected. What's really cost us has been those back to back wins before Christmas. If we'd got someone in then we would have had time to turn it round. We might have spent that money in January on players who could make a difference as well.

It was bad enough last week to bring him in after Lascelles hadnt exactly done anything wrong in the derby, but to go with him again after he was awful at Norwich was poor. I've got faith in time he'd turn us around and his subs are bang on, but to start Taylor is giving the opposition a goal start.

It was massively disappointing, I'm just hoping that he realised his error and hauled him off in disgust. It's probably cost us our top flight status but it was always likely that he'd take a while to work out which players he absolutely can't go with.

Steven Taylor starting today has not costs us our status.

It's no different to Williamson. Hard to fully blame the player when they should have been shipped out and replaced literally years ago..  Saylor is far past it and was reckless at best before. Peaked at his early 20s never coming close to realising his potential.

Benitez ironically removed himself from his normal plan to go 4-4-2 and try and attack. I don't think going defensive would have helped us either tbf. We have no defence. I rate mbemba but he needs a leader next to him this season. We don't have one. He also looked far better as rcb than lcb imo.

Gone tonight imo.

Only if he wants to ruin his reputation.

I don't think it would harm him at all.

Would give him god-like status in my eyes if he told Ashley to fuck off.

Why would he tell Ashley to fuck off a few weeks after he gave him a massive job?

Why would he tell Ashley to fuck off a few weeks after he gave him a massive job?

Because the club is an absolute shambles and the entire playing staff are a disgrace.

I hope he doesn't of course but he must be wondering what the hell he has got himself into.

I find it hard to believe anyone seriously thinks Rafa will walk away. He'd get slaughtered in the media as someone who was quick to take the job then cut and run as soon as the going got tough. In any case he doesn't strike me as that kind of man, he's retained a massive amount of respect in Liverpool for being the exact opposite.

I find it hard to believe anyone seriously thinks Rafa will walk away. He'd get slaughtered in the media as someone who was quick to take the job then cut and run as soon as the going got tough. In any case he doesn't strike me as that kind of man, he's retained a massive amount of respect in Liverpool for being the exact opposite.

dream on.

dream on.

I'm talking about resigning tonight. Obviously at the end of the season there's a good chance he'll walk away since that's already been stipulated in the contract.

Guest The Little Waster

I'd happily give him one of those mad 8 year contracts mind, let him gut the place out from top to bottom.

Id happily give him a few cans of petrol a big box of matches and the keys to St James ...

Hung out to dry by the players each match - will never question the man as he has a set of stones to take this job and his self belief and winner's mentality will have him absolutely fuming at these players. We were doomed for relegation when we hired McClaren this summer and failed to sack him in the window. We also failed to sign any right players for many windows - it's been a slow drop to relegation for some time.

I have belief that if by some massive luck for us (which we never get) and he stays on and is allowed to gut the club and rebuild it, we'll be back where we (the fans) deserve. But I feel for him because he's a winner and he's the hardest task in the world right now from a manager's perspective - the most shit set of players amassed into a premier league club in some time.